|Birth: ||Oct. 27, 1922|
|Death: ||Aug. 11, 2010|
..Obit::: From The Rock Hill Herald:
- MOUNT PLEASANT - Evelyn (BeBe) Benfield, formerly of York, S.C., passed away peacefully on Wednesday, Aug. 11, 2010, at the Sandpiper Nursing Home in Mount Pleasant, S.C.
- Born on Oct. 27, 1922, in Hartwell, Ga., she was the daughter of the late J.T. and Fredda Chandler. She was preceded in death by her loving husband, John K. (Jack) Benfield Jr. of York, where they raised their family and spent many years involved in the York community and as members of Trinity United Methodist Church.
- Survivors include her daughter, Fredda Lee Benfield Culbreth and husband, Keith, of Mount Pleasant, S.C.; and her sons, John K. Benfield III and wife, Sherrie, of Williamston, S.C., and Merrill A. Benfield of Charleston, S.C. Also surviving are grandchildren that were blessed with the love, kindness and humor of their beloved Ma-Ma, Susan Anton and husband, Ruben Olmos, of Washington, D.C., Chandler Culbreth of Charleston, S.C., and John Keith Culbreth of Mount Pleasant, S.C.
- Mrs. Benfield had lived with Alzheimer's disease for the past 15 years. However, throughout the entire period she, as always before, continued to be a beacon of light and a source of love, grace, inspiration and joy to everyone in her presence. Even though the mind had diminished, her lovely spirit had not.
- Services will be at 1 p.m. Saturday, Aug. 14, at Trinity United Methodist Church in York in the church sanctuary, with the Rev. Herbert Franklin presiding. Burial will immediately follow at Rose Hill Cemetery. The family will receive friends at the home of Nancy Landstreet at 9 Bolivar Road in York, following the services.
- In lieu of flowers, the family requests that any memorials be made to Trinity United Methodist Church, 22 E. Liberty St, York, SC 29745 or your local humane society.
- Bratton Funeral Home in York is serving the Benfield family.
Rose Hill Cemetery
South Carolina, USA
Created by: Rick and Kathy Wright
Record added: Aug 12, 2010
Find A Grave Memorial# 56955813