|Birth: ||May, 1838|
|Death: ||Jan. 9, 1908|
District Of Columbia, USA
Amelia was the daughter of Amelia A. (?) Beall (born c.1802), and Samuel Beall and Mrs. Elizabeth E. Hension may have been her siblings.
Amelia married Basil Baden (born c.1828) on 7 June 1860 in Washington, DC. He was born in Maryland.
In the 1860 U.S. Census, Basil and Amelia lived in Brandy Wine, Prince George's County, Maryland, and he was a "planter." Amelia's mother was living with them in 1860. Basil had a brother named Alfred Baden (born c.1837), and he was living with them in 1860. Alfred was also a "planter."
In the 1870 U.S. Census, Basil and Amelia lived in Spaldings, Prince George's County, Maryland, and Basil was a "store helper."
In the 1880 U.S. Census, Amelia was living in Washington, DC, with her children. Basil was not living in the household, but Amelia is still married.
Basil may have been living in Henrietta, Clay County, Texas, in the 1880 U.S. Census. That Basil Baden (born c.1828) was born in Maryland, and he was a "dry goods merchant." Basil says that he is a widower.
In the 1900 U.S. Census, Amelia was living in Washington, DC, with three of her children. She had 9 children and 6 were still alive in 1900. Amelia now says she is a widow. Amelia died of Pulmonary Tuberculosis.
The other children of Basil and Amelia were:
1) John Maurice Baden (born 21 Apr 1860) was baptized on 27 Dec 1860 in St. John's Parish, Prince George's County, Maryland.
2) James Francis Baden (24 May 1864 - 6 Jan 1892) was baptized on 29 July 1864 in St. John's Parish, Prince George's County, Maryland. He died of congestion of the lungs. James is buried in R58/104 with his younger brother, Samuel.
3) Mary Josephine Baden (born 7 June 1865) was baptized on 30 Dec 1865 in St. John's Parish, Prince George's County, Maryland.
4) Basil Barnes Baden (1 Jan 1867 - 16 Aug 1915) was baptized on 16 June 1867 in St. John's Parish, Prince George's County, Maryland. He died in Washington, DC.
5) Samuel Gurley Baden (16 Sept 1873 - 11 Nov 1892) was baptized on 18 Oct 1874 in St. John's Parish, Prince George's County, Maryland. He is buried in R58/104 with his older brother, James.
"On November 11, 1892 at 8:30 a.m. of typhoid fever, Samuel Gurley Baden, aged 19, son of Amelia A. and the late Basil Baden. Funeral Sunday, November 13 at 2 p.m. from late residence 7th and C streets southeast. Interment at Congressional Cemetery."
6) Marion Baden (25 Mar 1875 - 23 June 1941) was born and died in Washington, DC. He was a son.
7) Annie L. Baden (born 1 July 1877) was born in Washington, DC.
The Washington Post, 20 Aug 1887
Amelia A. Baden was yesterday appointed administratrix of the estate of Basil Baden, who is supposed to be dead. He formerly lived at No. 641 C street southwest, but went West nine years ago and has not been heard from since."
"On Thursday, January 9, 1908 at 9 o'clock a.m., at her residence, 663 C street s.e., Amelia A. Baden. Funeral private, Saturday, January 11 at 10 o'clock a.m."
Florence Drayton Baden Draper (1869 - 1909)*
Margaret Lavinia Baden Dawson (1871 - 1897)*
District of Columbia
District Of Columbia, USA
Created by: myta
Record added: May 20, 2011
Find A Grave Memorial# 70129827
|Photos may be scaled.|
Click on image for full size.