|Birth: ||Jul. 11, 1926|
|Death: ||Aug. 16, 1999|
Frances Pearl (Alexander) Abbott was born to Martin Alexander (Oct. 29, 1890 - April 21, 1973) and Apolonia (Rekieta) Alexander (June 19, 1898 - Dec. 26, 1934) in Bremond, Texas.
Apolonia means Pearl in Polish. Martin & Apolonia (Rekieta) Alexander are buried at St. Mary's Cemetery in Bremond, Texas.
Pearl's parents were Marcin (Martin) Rekieta (B. April 25, 1856 in Poland (Austria)-died Feb. 9, 1945 in Bremond) and Franceska (Riketa) Rekieta (born July 25, 1856 in Poland - died 1939 Bremond).
Marcin Rekieta arrived with his wife and children from Poland at Galveston, Texas aboard the "Roland" April 20, 1897.
Marcin/Martin & Franceska Rekieta had:
(1) Albert Rekieta - Born March 28, 1880 in Poland-1945, married Theodoria Tomczsyn;
(2) Marya Rekieta b. Feb. 16, 1886-1935, married Felix Dzidzuk;
(3) Karolina Rekieta b. Oct 2, 1887 in Austria d. Nov 27, 1918 in Bremond, married Mike Tomczeszyn;
(4) Lukas Pete Rekieta b. 1892 Poland - d. Feb. 7, 1983 Bremond, married Mary Steciak;
(5) Antoni Rekieta b. 1895;
(6) Steve L. Rekieta b. Dec. 21, 1896 Poland-d. Oct, 30, 1959 in Bremond, married Edna Wierzbicki;
(7) Apolonia (Pearl) Rekieta b. June 1898 - died Dec. 26, 1934 in Bremond, married Martin Alexander.
Martin Alexander's parents were William Alexander born Feb. 14 1850 in Poland. William married Mary Ann Paszkiet Nov. 20, 1887 at St. Mary's Catholic Church in Brenham, Texas. William & Mary Ann (Paszkiet) Alexander are buried at St. Mary's Cemetery in Bremond, Texas.
Mary Ann Pazkiet's parents were Michael (b 1845) & Josepha (Filut) Paszqiet. Michael Paszkiet and Josepha Filut both traveled from Poland on the ship SS City of Anterp. They arrived in America on April 9,1863. Michael Paszkiet married Josepha Filut Oct. 16, 1864 in Walker County and then settled in Bremond, Texas and were one of the founders of St. Mary's Church in Bremond and the 3rd polish family to settle in Bremond, Texas.
William and Mary (Paszkiet) Alexander's children:
(1) Joseph Alexander (Jan. 29, 1889-Sept. 11, 1889)
(2) Martin Alexander (Oct. 29, 1890 - April 21,1973)
(3) Catharina Salomea (Katie) Alexander b. Nov. 2, 1892
(4) Peter Paul Alexander b. June 27, 1894-July 23, 1982
(5) Frances Alexander b. August 21, 1896
(6) John Alexander (Jan. 9, 1899-Feb. 14, 1978) wife, Stella
(7) Helen Alexander (Jan. 31-1901 - Oct. 22, 1976)
(8) Victoria Alexander (Sept. 20, 1903-March 12, 1953) married Louis Filar
William & Mary Alexander lived in Bremond.
Martin & Pearl (Rekieta) Alexander's children:
(1) Antone Alexander b. Jan. 5, 1919 - d. Feb. 28, 1992. Antone married Annie. Antone & Annie Alexander had 1 son and 1 daughter. Antone & Annie Alexander are buried at Forest Park Lawndale Cemetery in Houston, Texas.
(2) Steve Stanley Alexander (Dec. 26, 1920 - Dec. 12, 1968) Steve married Evelyn. Steve and Evelyn Alexander had 2 daughters and 3 sons.
(3) Will John Alexander (Feb. 10, 1924 - Jan. 23, 1965). Never married. Will John Alexander is buried at St. Mary's Cemetery in Bremond, Texas.
(4) Frances Pearl Alexander (July 11, 1926 - August 16, 1999) Frances married Wade James Abbott. Frances & Wade Abbott had 1 son and 2 daughters. Frances and Wade Abbott are buried at Woodlawn Cemetery in Houston, Texas.
(5) Frank Joe Alexander (1929 - 1979) Frank married JoAnn Wilganowski. Frank & JoAnn Alexander had 5 sons. Frank Alexander is buried at St. Mary's Cemetery in Bremond, Texas.
(6) Louise Alexander (Nov. 10, 1932 - 1995). Louise married John C. Oliver, Jr. Louise & John never had children. Louise & John Oliver are buried at Forest Park Lawndale Cemetery in Houston, Texas.
Martin & Pearl Alexander lived in Bremond Texas and their children were born there. Pearl died from pregnancy complications when Frances was 8 years old. When Frances & her siblings grew up, they each moved to Houston, Texas.
Frances Pearl Alexander married Wade James Abbott on April 30, 1945 in Houston, Texas.
Frances and Wade Abbott had 3 children:
(1) Shirley Ann Abbott
(2) Kenneth Wayne Abbott
(3) Patricia Alice Abbott
Frances has 7 grandchildren.
Frances & Wade Abbott lived in Houston, Texas.
Frances enjoyed making quilts for her children. She also enjoyed cooking & made wonderful fried chicken, stuffed cabbages, pieroges, homemade cakes, pies & cookies. Frances made pecan pies that were 3 inches deep with homemade pie crust.
Martin Alexander (1890 - 1973)
Apolonia Rekieta Alexander (1898 - 1934)
Wade James Abbott (1901 - 1966)
Antone T. Alexander (1919 - 1992)*
Will John Alexander (1924 - 1965)*
Frances Pearl Alexander Abbott (1926 - 1999)
Frank Joe Alexander (1929 - 1979)*
Louise Alexander Oliver (1932 - 1995)*
Plot: Block B
Maintained by: Martha
Originally Created by: Susann
Record added: Aug 02, 2012
Find A Grave Memorial# 94723274