|Birth: ||Aug. 14, 1871|
|Death: ||Nov. 11, 1953|
Los Angeles County
Maud Genevieve Kennedy was the daughter of John & Mary Elizabeth (Forbes) Kennedy of Marshall County, Illinois.
Maud was one of nine children.
Six of her siblings lived to be adults, they were:
1. Peter Forbes Kennedy, 1867 IL - 1949 IL, never married.
2. Margaret Sarah Kennedy, 1874 IL - 1920 IL, marr. John Riley, 3 children.
3. Mary Ellen Kennedy, 1876 IL - 1899 IL, never married.
4. Thomas Morgan Kennedy, 1877 IL 1954 IL, never married.
5. Ruth Joliette Kennedy, 1879 IL - 1973 CA, never married .(buried next to Maud).
6. James Bernard Kennedy, 1881 IL - 1948 MI, marr. Frieda Landgraf, had 5 children, when Frieda died Maud adopted 2 of James' girls.
From 1899 to 1902 Maud was a teacher in Varna, Illinois.
She did not marry until she was 30. On 10 Jul 1902 Maud married Samuel Frederick Brenn in Chicago. The Brenn family originally from Bavaria lived in Magnolia and N. Marshall County.
Sam & Maud both were native farm country residents of Illinois. After they married the couple moved west. For a short time they lived in Oregon before settling at 380 E Pasadena in Pomona, California.
Maud and Sam were unable to have children. After her brother James' wife died Maud and Sam adopted two of James' daughters.
1. Bernice Marion, 1913 MI -1932 CA, Buried in this cemetery
2. Helen Jane, 1917 MI -, marr. Earl House, 1 child a son.
Maud and Sam loved their girls very much.
John Kennedy (1835 - 1909)
Mary Elizabeth Forbes Kennedy (1842 - 1881)
Samuel Frederick Brenn (1875 - 1955)
Infant Daughter Kennedy*
Infant Son Kennedy*
Peter Forbes Kennedy (1867 - 1949)*
Maud Genevieve Kennedy Brenn (1871 - 1953)
Margaret Sarah Kennedy Riley (1874 - 1920)*
Mary Ellen Kennedy (1876 - 1899)*
Thomas Morgan Kennedy (1877 - 1954)*
Ruth Jollette Kennedy (1879 - 1973)*
James Bernard Kennedy (1881 - 1948)*
Holy Cross Catholic Cemetery
Los Angeles County
Plot: Old section - Sec E, Lot 136, gr 1 , buried next to her husband & sister
Created by: The Ancestor Hunter
Record added: Sep 13, 2006
Find A Grave Memorial# 15722171