|Birth: ||Jul. 18, 1813|
|Death: ||Nov. 3, 1878|
Michael Baker married Margaret Anton
As the story goes: Six Baker brothers came to America, Two remained in Philadelphia and the other four settied in Keokuk Co., Iowa. They were: Peter, who married Elizabeth Rettler; Jacob, who married Mary Rettler,(sister to Elizabeth); Michael, who married Margaret Anton and Matts, single, who is buried at St. Peter and Paul Cemetery, Clear Creek Twp. Michael Baker was called "Red" , he was the only one of the brothers that had red hair.
Michael and Margaret (Anton) Baker's children:
1 Maria Baker m. Robert Merten May 1, 1861 **
2. Magdalene Baker, born circa 1845. m. Wm. Butler on Jan. 27, 1863, Wm. Butler married 2nd, Margaret Hutchins on Feb. 18, 1864
3. Michael m. Mary Fowler on Jan. 7, 1873
4. Nickolas m. Emma Justin Sept. 2, 1871
5. Margaret, "Maggie" Baker, born Sept. 20, 1854 in Germany. She died March 27, 1942. She married John Wehr on Jan. 10, 1871. Buried Pleasant Grove Cem., Sigourney, Iowa
6. John m. Katie White on July 11, 1887
7. Katherine, "Kate", m. Oscar Goeldner(1st), m. Lou Fagen (2nd)
8. Peter m. Amelia Burkenbine
Peter Baker, born Aug. 2, 1866, died March 16, 1949, Meeker, Colorado, Rio Blanco County. His wife, Amelia Burkenbine Baker, born Nov. 23, 1867 died July 31, 1932.
Peter Baker, age 22, son of Michael Baker and Margaret Anton, married Mela Burkenbine, age 21, dau. of Joseph Burkenbine and Lydia M. Fry, on Nov. 9, 1887.
Catherine Becker (Baker), age 18, dau. of Michael Becker (Baker) and Margaret Huton (Anton), married Oscar Goeldner, age 24, son of August Goeldner and Christina Shuman, on March 7, 1882
Source: Keokuk Co. Marriage Index
** Robert Merten, born in Elberfeldt, Germany, Dec. 13,1839, emigrated to Keokuk Co., Iowa in 1847. Married Maria Baker (Becker) May 1,1861. Moved to Barton Co., Kansas in 1875. Source, Kansas Bios
Michael Baker (1848 - 1901)*
Created by: Anonymous
Record added: Sep 03, 2006
Find A Grave Memorial# 15607744