|Birth: ||Sep. 9, 1796|
District Of Columbia, USA
|Death: ||Jan. 4, 1831|
Evan Arnold served in the War of 1812, as a Private in Capt. John Norris' Company of Infantry, Col. Joseph Bartholomew, Indiana Militia. He was drafted at Charlestown, Clark County, Indiana Territory in Aug 1811, and honorably discharged about Nov. 1, 1811, in consequence of sickness (just before the battle of Tippecanoe). His Bounty Land Warrant for service in War of 1812 was awarded to his son Evan Arnold, Jr., who was a minor when the 1850 Act of Congress awarded bounty land. (See BLW # 63522, 40 acres.) You can view his pension file on the website for Bartholomew Co. Genealogical Society, barthgen.org, under the heading for War of 1812.
Evan Arnold married Nancy Carson Sept. 1, 1814, in Clark Co., Indiana. After Evan's death, Nancy returned to Clark Co., where she died about 1843. Evan and Nancy Arnold were parents of six children:
1. Elizabeth "Bettie" Arnold, who married Archibald Adams, Aug. 5, 1838, in Clark Co., Indiana, and afterward moved to Hancock Co., Illinois.
2. Sarah Ann Arnold, who married Aquilla Jones Aug. 4, 1836, in Bartholomew Co. She died in 1838.
3. Ephraim George Arnold, who outlived his father, but died 1837-1840, probably in Clark Co., Indiana.
4. William Franklin Arnold, who died in Bartholomew Co., in 1851.
5. Evan Arnold, Jr., who moved west to Warren Co., Illinois, and afterward to Douglas Co., Nebraska.
6. Nancy Jane Arnold, Evan Arnold Jr.'s twin, who died in Clark Co., Indiana.
Ephraim Arnold (1771 - 1833)
Mary Ellenor Redman Arnold (1776 - 1837)
Elizabeth Arnold Adams (1818 - 1885)*
Sarah A. Arnold Jones (1819 - 1838)*
William Franklin Arnold (1826 - 1851)*
Evan Arnold (1796 - 1831)
Sarah Arnold Spurgin (1800 - 1843)*
Benjamin F Arnold (1805 - 1840)*
Ephraim Arnold (1812 - 1848)*
Maria Louisa Arnold Bollman (1814 - 1897)*
Maintained by: Donna Kuhlman
Originally Created by: Shirley West
Record added: Apr 14, 2009
Find A Grave Memorial# 35865020