|Birth: ||Jan. 1, 1807|
|Death: ||Apr. 28, 1868|
My thanks to Lyle & Marsha for setting up this Memorial & posting a great photo for the gravestone of my Great-Great-Grandfather William Francis ADAM.
According to the book "John M. Adam, A Family History", published in October 1983 by my late first cousin Pattie Rose Trippet of Waco, Texas, William Francis ADAM was the first child (of three) of Matthew ADAM & Susannah TRIPLETT. Their other two children were:
1. Martha, b. Circa 1810, m. Wilson J. DRISH, lived in Greene County, IL, d. > 1870.
2. John Matthew, b. 1811, d. 1885, dsp. (dsp = deceased sans progeny)
Family tradition says that Matthew ADAM came to the US in the 1780s with his brothers John & Robert and his sister Mary. However, this is still unproven.
Matthew ADAM was a millwright & a landowner. He built the Water Mill for Col. Charles Fenton MERCER in Aldie, VA, which has been restored & is located West of Dulles Airport. The beautiful home he built close to the mill is still standing. He called it "Woodlawn". It has since been renamed "Briar Patch." He was also a slave owner. He died in 1825 in Loudoun County & his extensive inventory listed 8 male & 3 female slaves valued at $2,100. I haven't yet found the graves of either Matthew or Susannah on FIND A GRAVE.
William Francis ADAM married 01 Dec 1834 Adelaide OSBURN. She was the daughter of Joel & Massie (OSBURN) OSBURN of Loudoun County and the granddaughter of Richard & Hannah (PURCELL) OSBURN of Loudoun County. See Adelaide's Memorial # 84623239.
In the 1850 & 1856 censuses, William is listed as a farmer.
William & Adelaide had ten children as follows:
1. Susannah Triplett, b. 20 Nov 1835, m. Sidney BRU, d. 07 Jan 1900. I haven't yet found her grave on FIND A GRAVE.
2. Jane Cecilia Heaton, b. 1837, m. Dr. Frank ODEN. I haven't yet found her grave on FIND A GRAVE.
3. John Matthew (my line), b. 08 Aug 1838. See Memorial # 30377266.
4. Joel Osburn, b. 03 Apr 1841, m. Martha BRUIN, d. May 1934. I haven't yet found his grave on FIND A GRAVE.
5. William Francis Jr., b. 29 Jul 1843, dsp. See Memorial # 69973279.
6. Martha Lane, b. 22 Jul 1845, m. Charles BALL. See Memorial # 69974904.
7. Robert, b. 28 Aug 1847, dsp. See Memorial # 69973595.
8. Henry, b. 12 May 1850, dsp. See Memorial # 84623359.
9. Albert, b. 04 Aug 1852. See Memorial # 69973656.
10. Rosannah, b. 25 Aug 1854, m. Harry BADGER, d. 14 Oct 1898, dsp. I haven't yet found her grave on FIND A GRAVE.
Reference: John M. Adam, A Family History, A Man Called Adam by Pattie Rose Trippet, October 1983
John Adam FARRIS
Albuquerque, NM, USA
20 Sept 2012
Adelaide OSBURN Adam (1810 - 1890)*
John Matthew ADAM (1838 - 1899)*
Joel Osborne Adam (1841 - 1934)*
Martha L. Adam Ball (1845 - 1876)*
In Memory of
Son of Matthew & Susannah L. Adam
Maintained by: John Adam Farris
Originally Created by: Lyle & Marsha
Record added: May 17, 2011
Find A Grave Memorial# 69973421
Lyle & Marsha
|Photos may be scaled.|
Click on image for full size.