From the Wolbach Messenger, transcribed by Linda Berney:
Mrs. Charles Adams, 68, her daughter, Mrs. Herb Curtis, 38, and daughter Bonnie Rae, 7, are dead as a result of an explosion of gasoline, Thursday afternoon at their home at Kimball. They were using the gasoline as an insect spray, when it became ignited in some manner. The house was also burned to the ground. The family lived about ten miles northwest of Kimball. They were taken to a Kimball hospital where Mrs. Adams and her granddaughter died that night. Mrs. Curtis died later. Mr. Adams is a brother of Clarence Adams and Fred Adams of this vicinity, and a cousin of Mrs. W. L. Cartwright. The family has the sympathy of the entire community.