North Carolina, USA
|Death: ||Feb. 2, 1881|
Birth: ABT. 1810 in NC
Death: 2 Feb 1881 in Eros, Arkansas, buried Crawford Cemetery, Boone AR
Christening: 1880 census, Marion Co, AR, living next door to Henderson, with granddaughter
Burial: 1881 last husband named Addison, or Adison, as on her grave
Baptism: Long was first husband's name
Married: 1) Mr. Long
1. James LONG b: 1825 in North Carolina
2. Nancy Caroline LONG b: 12 JUL 1829 in Roane Co., TN
Married: 2) William Henry Hemphill b: ABT. 1800 in NC
1. Marshall Henry Hemphill b: 8 Aug 1836 in Georgia or Tennessee c: in Birth and date dates from tombstone, internet site
2. Martha Hemphill b: 27 Jun 1835 in Georgia?
3. Henderson Pierson Hemphill b: 17 Feb 1837 in Hampton Township, McMinn County, TN
Married: 3) Gen. Andrew Jackson Addison
Married: 3) Andrew Jackson (G. J.) ADISON b: ABT 1816 in Georgia
Married: ABT 1840/1841 in TN
1. Elizabeth M. ADISON b: ABT 1843
2. Andrew Jackson ADISON b: 4 SEP 1844 in Whitfield Co., GA
3. Rebecca Parilee ADISON b: JAN 1847 in Tennessee
4. John M. ADISON b: 1851 in Geogia
5. William ADISON b: 1854 in Arkansas
Marshall Henry Hemphill died in Wise county and is buried in Montague County.
The cemetery is almost on the county line.
Marshall Hemphill was born probably in Murray County, Georgia---Not Tennessee.
Most all documentation bears this out.
Again, Lake Valley Cemetery is located in Montague County, Texas.
We do not know the maiden name of Marshall Hemphill's mother.
Elizabeth L. Addison, mother of Marshall H. Hemphill, died in Feb. 1891.
Elizabeth married at least three times. First was a Mr. Long, next was Henry Hemphill, and the last being Andrew Jackson "General" Addison.
There were children born to each marriage.
At thetime of her death, Elizabeth was living with the family of her daughter, Martha Ann
Marshall in Boone County, Arkansas. They are both buried at Crawford Cemetery, near Everton, Arkansas.
James Oliver Hemphill, son of Marshall Henry Hemphill,and grandson of Elizabeth Addison,
married Fannie Etta " Lillie" Meek .Both are buried in the Newlin Cemetery, located in Hall County, Texas. Marshall's mother, Mary Arnetta (Glenn)Hemphill is buried next to them.
Her grave is marked "Grandma Hemphill".
Andrew Jackson Addison (1813 - 1905)
William Henry Hemphill*
Martha A. Hemphill Marshall (1835 - 1905)*
Marshall Henry Hemphill (1836 - 1897)*
Henderson P. Hemphill (1837 - 1910)*
Rebecca Paralee Addison Burnett (1849 - 1926)*
Created by: Zoe Tom
Record added: Feb 05, 2012
Find A Grave Memorial# 84545722
|Photos may be scaled.|
Click on image for full size.