|Birth: ||Dec. 16, 1796|
|Death: ||Nov. 17, 1875|
John Rogers was the son of Enoch Rogers and Catherine Teague Rogers. He married Amy G. Adams on July 18, 1814 in GA.
John, Amy & their children came from the State of Georgia in the year 1844, & settled on the Georgia Ridge north of Alma, Arkansas in Crawford County. They had 11 children:
1. Nancy Melvina, b 1816, married Edward Bruce Chastain
2. Jane Caroline "Becky", b 1819, married Hardesty White
3. Enoch Shuman, born 1822, married Nancy Ramsey
4. Lucinda Elizabeth, b 1824, married Wesley P. Stone
5. Green W., b 1826, married Eliza Ramsey
6. William, b. abt 1828
7. Lovesy, b. abt 1829, married James Lawson
8. Martha, b 1831, married Thomas Wells
9. John Calhoun "Jack", b 1836, married Sarah Elizabeth Meadors
10. Amy, b 1839?, died w/o heirs,
11. James Christopher Columbus "Red", born 1845, married Martha Jane Meadors.
All the children, save James, were born in Georgia.
... This family can be found in a great book called "Our Kith and Kin of Georgia Ridge".
Lucinda Emelia Rogers Stone (1824 - 1905)*
Lovesey Ann Rogers Broughten (1829 - 1902)*
James Christopher Columbus Rogers (1845 - 1908)*
Georgia Ridge Cemetery
Plot: on family farm
Maintained by: Rhonda
Originally Created by: Sherry Lane Link
Record added: Feb 27, 2002
Find A Grave Memorial# 6220597