|Birth: ||Jun. 27, 1783|
|Death: ||Sep. 5, 1835|
Married in 9 Aug 1804 in Jefferson Co. Kentucky. Dau. of Adam Smith and Mary Catherine Hayse.
DIED...On Saturday the 5th September 1835, at her residence in Knox County, Indiana, Mrs. Sarah (Smith) Hodgen. She was an exemplary christian, a kind mother and a good neighbor. (Vincennes Western Sun, September 18, 1835)
James Hodgen and Sarah Smith children
1. Mary Ann Hodgen was born in 1805 in Jefferson Co., Kentucky and died in Eureka, Woodford Co. Illinois in 1851. She married Cyrus Thompson 24 July 1823 Vincennes, Knox Co. Indiana
2. Eliza Ann Hodgen was born in 1809 in Vincennes Twp., Knox Co. Indiana, died in 1875, Knox Co., Indiana, married(1) Samuel D. Piety 8 Dec. 1828 (2) Herrod Risley 18 June 1842.
3. William Hodgen was born on 4 September 1812 in Vincennes Twp., Knox Co. Indiana, died 21 July 1884, Vincennes Twp. Knox Co. Indiana He married Angeline Hornbeck 12 December 1836. They are buried Upper Indiana Presbyterian Church Cemetery
4. Indiana Hodgen was born on 24 December 1814, Vincennes Twp., Knox Co. Indiana, died 15 January 1841, Vincennes Twp., Knox Co. Indiana
5. Robert Smith Hodgen was born on 6 August 1818, Vincennes Twp. Knox Co. Indiana, died 24 January 1877, Vincennes Twp., Knox Co., Indiana, married (1) Angeline Ballow 2 June 1846 (2) Martha A. McCord 5 March 1872, buried Upper Indiana Presbyterian Church Cemetery
[Information above provided by member W Burgner.]
[Father's link provided by member #47091841.]
[Mother's link provided by member #48147380.]
Adam Smith (1745 - 1813)
Mary Catherine Hayes Smith (1760 - 1835)
James Hodgen (1783 - 1822)*
Robert Hodgen (1818 - 1877)*
consort of James
Note: Information taken from Upper Indiana Cemetery Burial Records, Vincennes, Indiana, (1811-2011), as compiled by Sharon Edmonson.
Upper Indiana Cemetery
Plot: Pioneer Sect.
Created by: Rita Hagerty
Record added: Jul 27, 2012
Find A Grave Memorial# 94270052