. . . . . . . . . . Morrill Hobbs came from Waterborough early, and settled where his grandson Reuben Hobbs, now lives , on the "Hobbs Hill," and cleared a large farm. He married Miriam Brackett, and had issue, ten children, of whom hereafter. Mr Hobbs died Oct. 20, 1826, aged 70 years. His widow died April 18, 1836, aged 78 years. They were buried in the F.W. Baptist Cemetery. Children:
1. Reuben Hobbs, born in Waterboro; married in the East, and died somewhere in the British Provinces. No other information.
2. Abigail Hobbs born, in Waterboro; married Benjamin Sanborn.
3. Henry Hobbs, b. in Waterboro; came to Harrison with his parents; married Jerusha, daughter of Joseph Lakin, (she was born in 1716) of Sebago, and settled on the farm now owned by Mr. Ingalls, a little way above the village, on the Anonymous Pond road. He subsequently moved to the south part of the town, and located where Benjamin Strout now lives, and resided there till his death, which occurred Feb. 18, 1864, at the age of 81 years, 6 months and 21 days; his wife died Aug. 25, 1850, aged 64 years. Mr Hobbs was a carpenter and builder. His children were as follows:
i. Cynthia, b. May 6, 1806; m. Mr. Knapp, and lived at South Bridgton.
ii. Henry Lewis, b. April 30, 1808; went away when young and is supposed to be dead.
iii. Jerusha Lakin, b. Nov. 29, 1810; m. Timothy Barker, son of Jonathan, of Bridgton, Nov. 10,1831.
iv. Huldah, b. Jan. 5,1813; m. Calvin Russell, of Harrison — living with her daughter at the village.
v. Christiana, b. Nov. 7, 1815; m. Samuel N. Wilkins, and lived in Newburyport, Mass.
vi. Mary, b. June 15, 1819; d. unmarried, Feb. 6, 1869.
vii. Ira Crocker, b. Jan. 15, 1822; d. unmarried, Jan. 28, 1848, aged 26 years,
viii. Benjamin, b. Aug. 2, 1825; m. Melissa Ann Gould, and died Oct. 17, 1855, leaving two children, viz: Ella F. and Annie M.
ix. Miriam B., b. March 8, 1829; m. John Woodwell, of Newburyport, Mass.
x. Morrill, b. in 1831; m. Melissa Ann (Gould) Hobbs — his brother Benjamin's widow — went to Chicago, Ills., where he now lives, and has two children.
4. Miriam B. Hobbs, born (probably) in Harrison, and married Robert Sanborn.
5. Polly Hobbs, married Samuel Dike.
6. Susan Hobbs, married Edward Bray, afterwards "Deacon Bray," of this town, and died March 28, 1866, aged 76 year. (see link below)
7. Morrill Hobbs, Jr. (see link below)
8. Charlotte Hobbs, born in Harrison or Waterboro; married Benjamin MacAllister, Dec. 20, 1820. (see link below)
9. John Hobbs, married Joan Whitemore, and settled in this town, nearly opposite of the Charles Thoms place; he afterwards went to the town of Shirley, near Moose-head Lake, and lived there until his death. His children were, Morrill, who married and lived in Shirley, and Colby, who died unmarried. Mr. Hobbs was a farmer.
10. Sally Hobbs, married Shepherd Sawyer. . . . . . . . . . . From Early Settlers of Harrison, Maine: With an Historical Sketch of the Settlement, Progress and Present Condition of the Town (Google eBook) by Gideon Tibbetts Ridlon, Kilby & Woodbury, printers, 1877 . . . . . . . . . .