|Death: ||Jul., 1835|
The son of Micah Johnson (aka Michael Johnson) and Susannah Minch Johnson, he was born c. 1780-85 in Franklin County, Virginia.
He was married 23 September 1813 in Patrick County, Virginia to Elizabeth Burnett, daughter of Jeremiah Burnett III and his wife, Effaniah Crowley Burnett. Elizabeth was born about 1798. Her sister or half-sister, Judith Burnett, married Dabney's brother, Micah Johnson Jr.
Dabney and Elizabeth had moved from Virginia to Howard County, Missouri by 1818 when their son John A. Johnson was born there. By August 1827 the family had moved again to Jackson County, Missouri, where Dabney was one of the commissioners appointed to survey and mark out a public highway across the Blue River.
He was granted an original patent for 80 acres of land (the east half of the northeast quarter of Section 29 Township 50 Range 31) in Jackson County, Missouri purchased 29 May 1833 for $2 an acre.
Dabney died on his farm after an illness of a few days' duration, without making a will. Administrators for his estate were assigned by the Jackson County, Missouri court on 2 November 1835: Elisha Watkins, William Ussary, and his widow Elizabeth (EE:13). Security was given by William Harris, John B. Lucas, and Joshua Anderson. Heirs were listed as the widow (Elizabeth) and eight children: John, Jeremiah, Lucy, Elizabeth, Sally, Binford, Thomas McBride, and Mary Ann. (EE2:9).
After Dabney's death, his wife Elizabeth remarried in 1836 to widower Noah Nash (b. 1805), with whom she had four more children. She died, age 62, in May 1860 of consumption in Chariton township, Appanoose County, Iowa, where she and her husband had moved circa 1844-45. Her burial record has not been found in Chariton township.
The children of Dabney and Elizabeth (Burnett) Johnson were:
1. John Arthur Johnson
2. Jeremiah Johnson, b. 1820, Patrick County, Virginia or Jackson County, Missouri; m. Amanda Simpson.
3. Lucy Johnson, m. --- Hall, b. 1822, Patrick County, Virginia or Jackson County, Missouri.
4. Elizabeth Johnson, b. 1824, Patrick County, Virginia or Jackson County, Missouri; m. 26 September 1840, Jackson County, Missouri to Davidson Wells. In 1850 and 1860 they were living in Andrew County, Missouri with children.
5. Sarah Jane Johnson, b. 1829, Jackson County, Missouri; m. 25 November 1840, Jackson County, Missouri to Nimrod Shepherd. In 1850 they were living in Andrew County, Missouri with children.
6. Binford Johnson, b. 1840, Jackson County, Missouri.
7. Thomas McBride Johnson, b. 1831, Jackson County, Missouri; m. Amanda ---.
8. Mary Ann Johnson; b. 1830-35, Jackson County, Missouri; she may be the Mary Ann Johnson who m. John Thompson Peery on 3 October 1844 in Jackson County, Missouri.
Micah Johnson (1756 - 1849)
Elizabeth Burnett Nash (____ - 1860)*
John Arthur Johnson (1818 - 1876)*
Dabney Johnson (____ - 1835)
John Larkin Johnson (1794 - 1877)*
Micah Johnson (1795 - 1840)*
John M. Johnson (1796 - 1885)*
Maintained by: Memories of You
Originally Created by: Bev Golden
Record added: Apr 19, 2012
Find A Grave Memorial# 88773689
To my Great-great Grandfather Dabney Johnson. Researched and Published in The Johnsons and Their Connections by June Baldwin Bork, 1980.|
Added: Oct. 21, 2013
DBN and Family
Added: Mar. 23, 2013