|Birth: ||Nov. 3, 1802|
|Death: ||Sep., 1892|
Jane (Westbay) Findey Irwin
Daughter of Henry and Hanna (Robison) Westbay, of Elizabethtown, Pa.
Married John Findley Mar. 22, 1825, in Elizabethtown (later named Elizabeth), Allegheny Co., Pa., and together, they had eight children. After his death, she married Joseph Irwin, May 26, 1845, New Concord, Ohio, and together, they had one son.
Children of John and Jane (Westbay) Findley:
1. Hannah Jane Findley, b. Jan. 1826, d. Nov. 18, 1908, New Concord. Never married.
2. Mary Findley, b. Aug. 16, 1827, d. April 27, 1833.
3. Sarah Findley, b. 1829, d. Jan. 26, 1906, New Concord. Never married.
4. John Pierce Findley, b. Mar. 17, 1832, New Concord, Ohio, d. Oct. 26, 1909, Chautauqua, Kansas, mar. June 26, 1856, Wapello, Louisa Co., Iowa, to Sarah Willson, b. June 19, 1835, Chandlersville, Muskinggum Co., Ohio, d. July 27, 1923, Chautauqua. 7 children: Annie May, Lillie Jane, Margaret Willson, Sarah Amelia, John Bruce, Renwick Roy, and Ed Scott.
5. David Findley, b. 1834, d. June 14, 1904. Never married.
6. Matthew R. Findley, b. 1835, d. Jan. 15, 1918, age 82, mar. Sarah. His children are said to be Inez, Etta, and Frank Findley. A daughter, b. Dec. 20, 1867, the mother was Sarah (county record). No further record.
7. James H. Findley, b. 1836, d. Jan. 5, 1917, age 81, New Concord. Never married.
8. William Abel Findley, b. Oct. 10, 1839, New Concord, Ohio, d. May 19, 1922, Mansfield, Ohio, mar. April 13, 1865, Allgheny City, Pa., to Margaret Gordan, d. Jan. 3, 1927, at the home of her daughter, Mrs. Florence Jelliff, in Mansfield. 9 children: Lulu, Wiiliam Gordon, Frank DeWitt, Samuel Edwin, Harry Preston, Ralph Irwin, Howard Malcom, Wellington Emory, and Florence M.
Son of Joseph and Jane (Westbay) Findley Irwin:
Harvey Addison Irwin, b. Oct. 12, 1847, New Concord, Ohio, s. Sept. 10, 1907, New Concord, mar. Nov. 20, 1873, Chetopa, Labette Co., Kansas, to Mary Torrence, b. 1857, d. 1913, New Concord. They had one child: Lee Scott Irwin, b. Sept 26, 1874, Chetopa, Kansas, d. Oct. 13, 1942, New Concord, Ohio, mar. Helen Cedora Johnsons. She was born Feb. 22, 1880, Oak Hill, Ohio. He was a dentist.
Source for above: The Findley Genealogy, by Mrs Robert A. Hughes, published 1967
Henry Westbay (____ - 1860)
Hannah Robison Westbay (____ - 1858)
John Findley (1800 - 1839)
Joseph L Irwin (____ - 1890)
Mary Findley (1827 - 1833)*
John Pierce Findley (1832 - 1909)*
Harvey Addison Irwin (1847 - 1907)*
Pleasant Hill Cemetery
Created by: HJ
Record added: Mar 11, 2012
Find A Grave Memorial# 86601089
|Photos may be scaled.|
Click on image for full size.
sister-in-law of 1st cousin 1x removed of wife of 7th great grandfather|
PATRICIA K. GRUETTER
Added: Jul. 10, 2012
Added: Apr. 14, 2012