This is a Family Plot. Things to Remember:
* Alice Yost ( Memorial# 87523580) was a daughter of John George and Christina Schwindt Yost.
* The infants in this family plot are most probably the children of Ludwig Bott (Memorial# 60000251.)
* Alice Bott (Memorial# 99271192) was the daughter of Christina Yost Bott and Ludwig Bott.
* Wilhelm Bott (Memorial# 86169822) was the son of Christina Yost Bott and Ludwig Bott.
The Memorial page, # 86169822, for Wilhelm Bott (Willie A.) child referred to in the Harvard City Clerk's record and on the monument itself. Wilhelm died at 7 years old.
* Notes as provided by Photo Contributor, Peggy Bargen Duey
"The front of the stone is in German & says they are the children of Ludwig & Christina Bott; on one side is Wilhelm & on the other side is, I think, the infant who is named "Alice". It couldn't be read, even in person, after rubbing off the moss."
* Additional information, gathered by Catherine Renschler, was from a computer print out of Harvard Cemetery records which was taken from the Harvard City Clerk's records. Information from the Adams County Historical Society of the Harvard City Clerk's records shows Alice was the first burial in a lot purchased by Philip L. Yost. Also buried there are Ludwig, Katherina, Infant son of Herman (stillborn Oct 8, 1921), and Willie A. In the column under disease is written "accidental".
* As reported in Christina Yost Bott's Obituary: (Memorial# 60000246)
"Ludwig and Christina Yost Bott were blessed with nine (9) children. Six of them went to their home above before their mother. They were three boys and three girls." Although family members have stated that the mix of boys vs girls is not correct, but the number of 6 was accurately reported. Same family members noted that one child was named Alice another Wilhelm.
* The Memorial page #99271192 for Alice Bott is the child referred to as Alice on the engraved Monument. Alice died at 5 years old.
* Currently there is no way of knowing the family relationship of the other children referenced in the Harvard City Clerk's office report. However, it is most probable that these children are the children of Ludwig and Christina Yost Bott as well.
Information on Alice Yost:
From the private research notes of Relative Mrs. Elma Dumler Brack:
* Alice Yost Born Feb. 21, 1870 Died in a runaway accident.
* From the private notes of Relative Harry Conrad Schwindt: Accident was due to a runaway horse.
* The noted "accidental" on the Harvard City Clerk's records is most probably noting Alice Yost's cause of death.
Ludwig Bott (1856 - 1941)
Christina Yost Bott (1856 - 1931)
Wilhelm A Bott (1883 - 1890)*
Alice Bott (1885 - 1890)
Katherine Bott Schwindt (1887 - 1966)*
Elizabeth Bott Boese (1890 - 1952)*
John Adam Bott (1894 - 1971)*
Maintained by: Connie Schwindt Rumold
Originally Created by: Vandy
Record added: Mar 03, 2012
Find A Grave Memorial# 86169748