|Birth: ||Oct., 1835|
San Augustine County
Father: Barnet M. Spangler Born in 1805 in Tennessee and died about 1865 probably in Mississippi or Louisiana
Mother: Nancy A. Spangler Born in 1806 in Tennessee, and died in 1880 in Winn Parish, Louisiana
In 1855 she married Tillman O. Adkins the son of Lewis Davis Adkins 1807 - 1890 and Catherine Sansing 1807 - 1891.
They would have at least 10 children:
1. Victoria "Torie" Adkins (Born November 27, 1855 in Mississippi - Died July 19, 1947 in Angelina County, Texas) She married Andrew Jackson Chapel (1857 - 1822)about 1879, they had at least 10 children. One of which was Andrew Jackson Chapel Jr. who is buried beside his grandfather Tillman O. Adkins in the Leroy Miller Cemetery.
2. Barney Mack Adkins (Born May 2, 1856 in Neshoba, Mississippi - Died April 19, 1935 in Claiborne Parish, Louisiana) He married twice. He married his first wife Sarah Frances (1857 - 1899)last name unknown on October 24, 1877 in Claiborne Parish, Louisiana. They had at least 8 children. After the death of Sarah Francis in 1899 he then married Hattie(Almand) (1874 - 1936) on May 17, 1902 in Claiborn Parish, Louisiana. They had at least 9 children.
3. Nancy C. "Katie" Adkins (Born in 1864 in Beinville Parish, Louisiana - Died May 15, 1951 San Augustine County, Texas) married Mathew Chapel (Born about 1851)around 1888 in Louisiana. They had at least 7 children.
4. Mary L. "Mollie" Adkins (Born September 1868 in Bienville Parish, Louisiana - Died December 11, 1848 in San Augustine County, Texas) She married William Nelson Adams(1875 - 1938) on August 25, 1895 in Claiborne Parish, Louisiana. They had at least 4 children.
5. Addie Martha Adkins 1869 - 1948 Have not found where she married or had children.
6. Issac Archie Adkins 1873 - 1939 (Born April 23, 1873 in Bienville Parish, Louisiana - Died July 9, 1939 in San Augustine County, Texas. Unknown if he married or had children.
7. Christina A. "Tina" Adkins (Born in 1875 in Lincoln Parish, Louisiana - Died unknown, was 5 years old on the 1880 census
8. John W. Adkins (Born 1877 in Lincoln Parish Louisiana - Died supposedly in Louisiana.
9. Katherine "Cassie" Abigail Adkins (Born January 28, 1882 in Claiborne Parish, Louisiana - Died March 3, 1963 in Sabine County, Texas) She married twice. She first married John Randolph Doyen on December 26, 1897 in San Augustine County, Texas. He was the son of William Thomas Doyen (also spelled Doyne)and Phirby Rosetta Jones. They had 6 children born to their marriage. John Randolph Doyen passed away on October 7, 1919 in Nacodoches County, Texas. He is buried beside his son Franklin Doyne in the Leroy Miller Cemetery. She married John Lee Keller on August 26, 1926 in San Augustine County, Texas. They are buried beside each other in the Rosevine Cemetery in Sabine County, Texas.
10. Jessie Marion Adkins (Born December 22, 1887 in Claiborne Parish - Died September 6, 1967 in San Augustine County, Texas) He married Sallie E. (maiden name unknown) They had at least 7 children.
Tillmon O. Adkins (1833 - 1912)*
Barnett Mack Adkins (1856 - 1935)*
Victoria Adkins Chapel (1858 - 1947)*
Mollie Adkins Adams (1867 - 1948)*
Issac Archie Adkins (1873 - 1939)*
Christina Ann Adkins Courtney (1875 - 1954)*
Katherine Abigail Adkins Keller (1882 - 1963)*
Note: Unmarked grave
San Augustine County
Created by: Martha
Record added: Feb 22, 2012
Find A Grave Memorial# 85393508
Mandy Spangler was my third great grandmother. Mollie Adkins Adams was my great, great grandmother. Barney Mack Adams was my great grandfather. Ruby Carlene Adams was my grandmother and Connie Beth Sanders, my mother.|
Added: Jul. 31, 2015
Tilmon and Amanda were my 3 great grandparents. Their daughter Molly Adams was my great-great grandmother. Molly's son Jessie Marion Adkins was my great grandfather and his son Jimmerson Adkins was my grandfather.|
Brenda Adkins Wright
Added: Feb. 16, 2015
My Great great grandmother: Tillmon and Amanda's daughter Mary L. "Molly" is my great grandmother. Her son, Jesse Marion Adkins is my grandfather, his son Louis, is my father. Jesse's wife "Sally" is Sarah Elizabeth Parker.|
Added: Aug. 9, 2014
|There are 3 more notes not showing...|
Click here to view all notes...