|Birth: ||Aug. 5, 1887|
|Death: ||Oct. 25, 1912|
John C. Boyle, one of the most popular and highly respected young men of Pawnee City meets death instantly among electric light wires.
The Community was shocked Friday by the sudden death of Johnnie Boyle. For several weeks the city had been replacing the old electric Light wires with new ones, and at the time of his death Mr. Boyles was assisting in this work. He had climbed a pole near the light plant to cut a wire. In reaching over, instead of under, for it, his body came in contact with a live wire from which the insulation had worn off, and his shirt, wet with perspiration touched the wire. As his nippers cut through the wire it made a short circuit and day current being on, 1,100 volts of electricity passed through his body killing him instantly and burning his left side just below and a little to the left of his heart. Drs. Brook and Waddell were summoned and while they could detect no signs of life, they did all they could to resuscitate him employing artificial respiration, injecting powerful stimulants and working for over an hour without any indication of success.
Son of Eugene D. & Alice Helen Thayer Boyle.
(Pawnee Library, book of obits in the Pawnee Republican.)
Alice Helen Thayer Boyle (1865 - 1929)
Myron E. Boyle (1885 - 1891)*
John C. Boyle (1887 - 1912)
Lenore Boyle Cryderman (1896 - 1985)*
Pawnee City Cemetery
Plot: N 6- 12- 4
Created by: Luella Hinrichsen
Record added: Feb 13, 2012
Find A Grave Memorial# 84956932
|Photos may be scaled.|
Click on image for full size.