|Birth: ||Apr. 22, 1826, England|
|Death: ||Oct. 23, 1907|
Ann Wilkinson was born 22 Apr 1826 in Westmorelandshire, Leveno, England; the daughter of Stephen and Mary (Sisson) Wilkinson.
Ann was united in marriage 24 Dec 1844 in Ida, Ontario Canada to John Gray; son of John and Janet (McCall) Gray.
Ann and John were the parents of eleven children:
1. Thomas born 05 May 1846 married Caroline Poyer
2. Stephen W. born 06 Apr 1848 married Ethel Barnes
3. William Augustus born 13 Jun 1850 married Hannah Crossley
4. John born 25 Mar 1853 married Elizabeth Hill
5. Mary "Jenny" born 24 Apr 1855 married Albert Talbott
6. Margaret Ellen (Nellie) 1857-1886
7. Robert William born 24 Sep 1859 married Mary ?
8. Annie Victoria born 30 Jan 1862 married Albert Shreve
9. Matilda (Tillie) born 14 Jun 1864 married David Richards
10. Olive 1868-1887
11. Katie (Kitty) M. 1869-1870
Ann passed away 23 Oct 1907 in Kansas City, Wyandotte County, Kansas. She was laid to rest in Mt. Muncie Cemetery in Lansing, Leavenworth County, Kansas.
Ann, husband John, and daughters Nellie and Olive are located at Sec. 24, Lot 139. There is no stone or memorial.
MRS. ANN GRAY DIED IN KANSAS CITY YESTERDAY.
Body to be Brought Her for Internment--Funeral From Soldiers' Home Depot Today.
Mrs. Ann Gray died yesterday morning at 2718 Bellevue, Kansas City, Kan., from senility, at the age of 82 years. She was the widow of the late John Gray, who made his home in Leavenworth until about eighteen years ago.
The remains of Mrs. Gray will be brought here for burial, arriving at the Soldiers' home at 1.23 o'clock this afternoon on the C. G. W. passenger. The body will be taken from the depot directly to Mount Muncie cemetery.
Mrs. Gray was a native of England. She lived with a son in Kansas City.
From The Leavenworth Times, Thursday, October 24, 1907.
John Gray (1822 - 1890)
Thomas Gray (1846 - 1892)*
Stephen W. Gray (1848 - 1906)*
William Augustus Gray (1850 - 1921)*
John Gray (1853 - 1914)*
Mary "Jenny" Gray Talbott (1855 - 1921)*
Margaret Ellen Gray (1857 - 1886)*
Anna Victoria Gray Shreve (1862 - 1927)*
Matilda Gray Richards (1864 - 1939)*
Olive Gray (1868 - 1887)*
Katie M Gray (1869 - 1870)*
Note: No stones in the family plot.
Mount Muncie Cemetery
Plot: Sec. 24, Lot 139
Created by: Nancy (Hitchcock) Clewel...
Record added: Jan 04, 2012
Find A Grave Memorial# 82969939
|Photos may be scaled.|
Click on image for full size.