|Birth: ||Jan. 10, 1816|
|Death: ||Feb. 9, 1897|
Ann is bureid in the King plot with her daugther Mary Elizabeth Letcher King and her husbands family, next to the Isaac Plot, of which they are also related.
Wife of John David Letcher they married on the Feb 17/19, 1835, in Lowndes County Alabama. Ann was the daughter of Nathan & Harriett [Knotts] Bozeman. Her husband, John is buried at Bethlehem Cemetery in Old Texas Monroe County Alabama. John and Ann had 10 known children.
Their children were:
Dr Francis Marion Letcher, Susanna Letcher Chapman, Harriet letcher Davis, Mary Elizabeth Letcher King, Nathan G Letcher, John David Letcher Jr, Dr Joseph Letcher, Louisa "Lula" K Letcher Hughes, and Tolbot (JT) Letcher.
A Decendant of this family provided me with an excerpt from a Book, that speaks of this Letcher family:
"I am working on my husband's Bozeman roots and I have a reprint of a very old Bozeman book, "Sketches of the Bozeman Family" by Rev.Joseph W Bozeman D. D. ,of Mississippi first printed in 1885 and reprinted by one of our relatives in Texas in 1981. Rev. Bozeman describes how he did his research by mail and visitation in this book...long before computers. Therefore I tend to trust it.
On Pages 31 and 32, he talks about Ann M. Bozeman as the fifth child of Nathan and Harriett Knotts Bozeman.
I quote, "A large fine looking lady, with coal black eyes and hair, a noble Christian woman, a devoted Baptist, with all the virtues of a model daughter, wife and mother, married John D. Letcher , and lived in Alabama, Coosa county, in comfortable circumstances, where they raised a family of five sons and five daughters. All of these they saw baptised between the age of eleven and eighteen years, and never heard one of them use profane language, never saw one of them take a drink of whiskey, or a chew of tobacco. Noble children worthy of their worthy parents. Their children:
(1.) F. M. Letcher born about 1837, is a large tall man with very black hair and eyes. He studied medicine under his distinguised uncle, Dr. Nathan Bozeman in Montomery, Al, and in New Orleans, La. During the War, Dr. Letcher was a Surgeon in the Confederate Army. He afterwards married Mrs. Claudia C. Clanton, and located in Macon County, Ala, near Cross Keys, as a physician. His children are Frances Marion, Joseph Bozeman, Julian Billingslea, and James Metcalf (Letcher) Dr. Letcher is a man of note.
(2) Susannah Letcher, born aboaut 1839, married Dr. Chapman of Macon County, Al. They moved to Monroe County. She was a beautiful woman.
(3) Harriet Letcher born about 1841, married Mr. Davis, a gin manufacturer, and lives at Central Institute, Coosa County, Alabama. She is pure gold.
(4) Bettie Letcher, born about 1842, married Mr. King of Texas, and lived in Milam County..
(5) Nathan G. Letcher, born February 10, 1846, went out with the Wetumpka Light Guards, Capt. Reedy, 3rd Alabama Regiment, April, 1861, and served through the entire war, except when sick or wounded. He died of consumption in Texas, Feb. 8, 1881, a noble man, and an ornament to the Baptist church.
(6) Mattie Letcher married Andrew H. Pylant and lives in Milam County, Texas.
(7) John Letcher became a citizen of Texas and is prospering in the world.
(8) Dr Joseph Letcher, born Feb 1850 in AL, a prominent physician in Texas.
(9) Lou Letcher married a Mr. Hughes, and lived in Montgomery, Al.
(10) Talbert Letcher was a graduate of the Alabama A. & M College at Auburn in 1881. He lost one forearm by a railroad accident, while a student. He is a very fine looking youg man, in every way an ornament to his family. Was Captain of Cadets in College. "
This is the total of what is printed of this family in the Bozeman book."
Nathan Bozeman (1785 - 1848)
Harriet Knotts Harrington (1788 - 1874)
John David Letcher (1809 - 1894)*
Temperence P. Letcher (1835 - 1836)*
Susan A Letcher Chapman (1838 - 1910)*
Mary Elizabeth Letcher King (1842 - 1902)*
Nathan G Letcher (1846 - 1881)*
John David Letcher (1848 - 1924)*
Lula K Letcher Hughes (1852 - 1912)*
Michael Bozeman (1808 - 1883)*
David Wood Bozeman (1814 - 1887)*
Ann Matilda Bozeman Letcher (1816 - 1897)
Elizabeth M Bozeman Bulger (1819 - 1879)*
Martha Jan Bozeman McKinney (1823 - 1896)*
Nathan Bozeman (1825 - 1905)*
Harriet Bozeman Jordan (1827 - 1851)*
Temperance K. Bozeman (1830 - 1835)*
Odd Fellows Cemetery
Plot: King - Isaac Plot
Created by: Mike White
Record added: Jan 01, 2012
Find A Grave Memorial# 82780836