This page is sponsored by: Patricia Michel
|Birth: ||May 27, 1753|
New Jersey, USA
|Death: ||Nov. 7, 1815|
West Virginia, USA
JACOB VANDEVANDER was baptised on May 27, 1753 in the British Colony at New Brunswick, New Jersey. He married ELISABETH BIBLE on February 21, 1777 in Brocks Gap, Rockingham County, Virginia by Rev. John Alderson, Jr. JACOB died 19 May 1835 in Pendleton County, Virginia, now West Virginia. ELISABETH had predeceased him dying probably in 1821.
JACOB is found in Pendleton County, Virginia, purchasing and owning two tracts of land on Smith Creek, a branch of the south branch of the Potomoc; said tracts adjoining GEORGE BIBLE and others.
As JACOB'S children grew up and married, some of them went and settled in Indiana and Ohio. Son, CHRISTOPHER, took to the waterways southward and went down to the Alabama Territory settling in the area that eventually became Washington County, Alabama where he actually resided. Next, he made his last and final move settling in Kemper County, Mississippi.
When JACOB died intestate, an Indenture dated 11 day of November 1835, was made as to the division of JACOB'S property. For whatever reason, CHRISTOPHER'S portion of the estate was not included in this Indenture, even though it states that he is one of the eleven heirs. CHRISTOPHER sent his son, HIRAM, with a Power of Attorney, to represent him and to collect his portion of his father's estate. The Indenture establishes relationship between father and his children.
CHILDREN of JACOB and ELISABETH are:
(1) Christopher born 15 Dec 1777 in Pendleton County (W) Virginia; died 10 Nov 1862, Preston, Kemper County, Mississippi; married Mary Akers.
(2) Eve born ca 1779; died probably in Ohio; married Jacob Conrad.
(3) Adam born circa 1783; died in Indiana; married Elizabeth Trumbo on 10 Aug 1820 in Pendleton County.
(4) Susanna born circa 1785; married William Baker.
(5) Elisabeth born 27 Apr 1790; married Solomon Phares on 12 Jan 1808 in Pendleton County.
(6) Philip born circa 1791; died in Missouri; married Elizabeth.
(7) George born circa 1792; died in Randolph County (W) Virginia; married Susannah.
(8) Lewis born circa 1795; died probably in Indiana.
(9) Henry born circa 1796 in Pendleton County; married May Magdalene Kuykendahl.
(10) William born 31 May 1797 in Pendleton County; died in 1841; married Mary Cuberly.
(11) John born unknown date; died in Pendleton County married Sarah Baker in 1806.
Barent Van Deventer (1722 - 1799)
Elisabeth Bible Vandevander (1761 - 1821)
Christopher Vandevander (1777 - 1862)*
Franklin (Pendleton County)
West Virginia, USA
Maintained by: Patricia Michel
Originally Created by: Gathering Roots
Record added: Oct 26, 2011
Find A Grave Memorial# 79343745
Privacy Statement and Terms of Service