|Birth: ||Feb. 1, 1900|
|Death: ||Oct. 19, 1998|
Mrs. Mary Terry Goodwin Kuyk.
DAR ID Number: 159650
Descendant of Robert Goodwin, Stephen Terry, Ensign Michael Trout, John Pendleton, Capt. Augustine Leftwich and Capt. Charles Yancey, as follows:
1. Thompson W. Goodwin (b. 1864) m. 1897 Martha Leftwich Terry (b. 1867).
2. Edmund Pendleton Goodwin (1830-69) m. 1852 Lucy Ann Chiles (1834-1906); Peyton Leftwich Terry (1834-98) m. 1857 Mary Susan Trout (1839-1910).
3. William Thompson Goodwin (1807-33) m. 1830 Elizabeth Kimbrough Pendleton (1813-30); Stephen Terry (1807-57) m. 1828 Lucinda Leftwich (1810-48); John Trout (b. 1813) m. Eliza Shaver.
4. John Chapman Goodwin (1779-1845) m. 1803 Anna Rhodes Thompson (1783-1865); William Terry (1777-1815) m. Patience Martha Farmer; George Trout (1782-1850) m. Mary Miller; Edmund Pendleton (1787-1838) m. 1808 Unity Yancey Kimbrough (1787-1866); Peyton Leftwich (1769-1859) m. 1793 Mildred Fuqua.
[p.208] 5. Robert Goodwin m. 1766 Jane Tulloch; Stephen Terry m. Sarah Fuqua; Michael Trout m. Elizabeth Baer; Henry Pendleton (1762-1822) m. 1786 Alcey Ann Winston (b. 1769); Augustine Leftwich m. 1765 Mary Turner; Joseph Kimbrough m. Elizabeth Yancey.
6. John Pendleton m. 1760 Sarah Madison; Charles Yancey m. Mary Crawford.
Stephen Terry, a patriot, assisted in collecting and driving cattle to the camp in Pittsylvania County, Va., 1781. He was born in Halifax County; died, 1797, in Pittsylvania County, Va.
Michael Trout served as ensign, 1776, in the Augusta County, Virginia militia. He was born in Augusta County; died in Rockingham County, Va.
John Pendleton (1719-99) was too old for active service; but, in 1775, was appointed by a convention of delegates at Richmond, to sign part of the large issue of Treasury notes. He was born and died in Caroline County, Va.
Augustine Leftwich (1744-80) received a pension for service as captain in the Virginia troops. He was born in Caroline County; died in Bedford County, Va.
Charles Yancey (1741-1841) commanded a company of Louisa County, Virginia militia. He was born and died in Louisa County, Va.
Dirk Adriaan Kuyk (1898 - 1979)*
MARY TERRY GOODWIN KUYK / DAUGHTER OF / THOMPSON WEST GOODWIN / AND / MARTHA LEFTWICH TERRY / FEBRUARY 1, 1900 / OCTOBER 19, 1998
Created by: Audrey
Record added: Sep 18, 2011
Find A Grave Memorial# 76728266
|Photos may be scaled.|
Click on image for full size.