Obituary: Williamsport Gazette & Bulletin - 9/11/1916: Oscar Sterner Died At Hospital Last Night Suffered from an Infection From the Hide of a Cow Which He Skinned Oscar Sterner, aged 46 years, residing near Spring Garden Mills, died in the Williamsport Hospital about 8 o'clock last night from an infection arising from the hide of a cow which he skinned. The disease was something of the nature of anthrax. The potion in his system then first became evident a week ago when on Sunday one of his hands began to swell. This was followed by an eye becoming infected and then passed all through his system. He was taken to the Williamsport hospital Saturday and an effort made to save his life, but the ravages of the disease had become too deep seated. Mrs. Sterner is survived by his wife and one son. Because of the contagious nature of the disease, no public funeral will be held. The body will be taken to Edgewood cemetery and services will be held at the grave at 2 p.m. today. Mr. Sterner was well known in the locality in which he resided and his death will be a shock to his family and friends.