|Birth: ||1605, England|
|Death: ||Jun. 12, 1663|
The son of John Miller, Jr., he was born 1605/6 as recorded in the parish records of St. Michaels, Stortford, Hertfordshire, England. He graduated from Caius College, Cambridge, England in 1627 with A.B. and probably came to the new world in 1635, since records show he was in Dorchester in 1636 and owned lands in South Boston in 1637. He was in Roxbury in 1635, and a freeman in Rowley May 22, 1639. He became a minister in Rowley and was the first town clerk. In 1642,he was called to Yarmouth, Barnstable, MA, but was back in Roxbury in 1647.
He married Lydia unknown who died Aug. 7, 1658, and he died at Groton June 12, 1663 (Savage, Vol. III, p. 209).
The children of Rev. John & Lydia Miller:
1. John b. March, 1632 in England, married Margaret Winslow (daughter of Josiah) on Dec. 24, 1659.
2. Mehitable b. July 12, 1638, married John Crow [Crowell], died [Feb. 23, 1714 in Yarmouth].
3. Lydia b. April 12 1640, married ___ Fish.
4. Faith b. 1642, m. Nathaniel Winslow
5. Hannah b. 1644, m. Joseph Frost.
6. Susannah b. Aug. 29, 1647, died Oct. 14, 1669.
7. Elizabeth b. Nov. 8, 1649, married Samuel Frost.
8. Mary b. 1651, m. John Whittemore.
Ref. "New England Families, Genealogical and Memorials" by Cutter, p. 57-8.
Mary Miller (____ - 1663)*
Lydia Miller (____ - 1658)*
John Miller (1623 - 1720)*
John Miller (1631 - 1711)*
Faith Miller Winslow (1644 - 1729)*
Created by: Nareen, et al
Record added: Jun 21, 2011
Find A Grave Memorial# 71719333
Connie (Cross) Krueger
Added: Jan. 19, 2015
May GOD Bless You!::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::It is on Major General Benjamin Butler's in Lowell, Middlesex County, Massachusetts, the monument reads."the true touchstone of civil liberty is not that all men are equal but that every man has th...(Read more)|
A AAA American at Find A Grave
Added: May. 22, 2013
Added: Jul. 4, 2012