|Birth: ||Mar. 7, 1873|
|Death: ||Apr. 17, 1955|
Mary Narcissus Phelps married James Michael Pingleton on May 9, 1889 in Garrard County, Kentucky. They were the parents of 11 children;
1. Lillie M. b: JAN 1891 in Rockcastle Co. Ky.
2. Mary J. b: APR 1893 in Rockcastle Co, Ky.
3. George Washington b: 1 NOV 1894 in Ky.
4. Louisa b: 12 APR 1898 in Rockcastle Co. Ky.
5. Minnie b: FEB 1900 in Rockcastle Co. Ky.
6. Oliver L. b: 17 Feb 1903 in Rock. Co. Ky.
7. John G. b: 28 APR 1906 in Kentucky
8. Edgar b: 19 JAN 1909 in Kentucky
9. Rosa b: ABT 1911 in Kentucky
10. Roy C. b: 29 Nov 1913 in Rock. Co. Ky.
11. Carl C. b: 3 AUG 1916 in Kentucky
Obituary printed on Thursday April 21, 1955 on page 1 of the Berea Citizen.
Mrs. Pingleton dies at Crab Orchard.
Mrs. Narcissus Pingleton 83, died Sunday morning at the home of her son, John Pingleton. She had been sick for a long period of time.
Funeral services were conducted Monday at the Valley Church in Rockcastle County by Rev. Willie Bryant. The burial was in the cemetery at the church. Mrs. Pingleton is survived by three daughters, Mrs. Lillie Watkins and Mrs. Rosa French of Berea, and Mrs. Mary Isaacs of Hamilton Ohio; four sons: George and Oliver Pingleton of Berea, and John and Roy Pingleton of Crab Orchard. Other survivors are a sister, Mrs. Lou Prather of Brodhead; four brothers, Dare, Bub and Levi Phelps of Germantown Ohio and Bynam Phelps of Corbin Ky. 38 grandchildren, 71 great grandchildren and four great-great- grandchildren. Britton Funeral Home had charge of the service.
John Fielden Phelps (1848 - 1932)
Mary Jane Goin Phelps (1849 - 1931)
James Mike Pingleton (1864 - 1926)
George Washington Pingleton (1894 - 1972)*
Watkins Wren Cemetery
Maintained by: Robert S. Damrell Jr.
Originally Created by: James Cope
Record added: Dec 16, 2002
Find A Grave Memorial# 7016317