|Birth: ||Dec. 25, 1881|
|Death: ||Jul. 30, 1913|
Winsted Evening Citizen
Wednesday July 30, 1913, page 1
ARTHUR BOND ELECTROCUTED
Was Painting a Pole on Wakefield Boulevard at the Lake This Afternoon When He Came in Contact with Live Wire
Arthur E. Bond, an employee of the Winsted Gas Co., while painting in front of the Ferdinand Fortier cottage on the Wakefield Boulevard at Highland Lake shortly before 3 o'clock this afternoon, came in contact with a live wire and was electrocuted.
Two thousand three hundred voltage, it is said, coursed thought his veins. The body dropped to the ground from the crosspiece on which he was working, a distance of about 20 feet. Drs. J.D. Harnett and M. J. Reidy were called, but their services were not needed, death having been almost instantaneous, it is believed. Medical Examiner W.S. Hulbert was called to view the remains.
Mr. Bond had been employed by the Winsted Gas Co., for 10 or more years. He was 32 years old and besides a widow leaves a father Frank S. Bond. He resided on 74 Elm Street.
Frank S. Bond (1852 - 1924)
Julia I. Simmons Bond (1861 - 1900)
Helen E. Harris Bond (1880 - 1924)*
Forest View Cemetery
Plot: Section E, Lot 16, Plot 3
Created by: Linda V. Tomaszek
Record added: Apr 21, 2011
Find A Grave Memorial# 68731027