Charles City County
Prince George County
Capt. Peter Jones died before 1727.
The town of Petersburg,VA was named for Peter Jones, Jr. Petersburg was founded in 1748/9 by act of the Virginia General Assembly, on parcels platted into lots by Peter's son Abraham. By this time Peter was already deceased and Abraham had removed to Amelia County, although he obviously still retained the ownership of the Prince George County land.
He was Captain in the Virginia Militia.
Son of Peter and Margaret Lewelyn (Wood) Jones, Sr.
Husband of Mary (Batte) Jones ~ married October 1688, Henrico Co., VA
Their children were ...
1. Peter Jones (m. Dorothy Chamberlayne)
2. Martha Jones (m. Benjamin Ragsdale, Sr.)
3. John Jones, Sr. (m. 1st., Sarah "Sallie" Batte and 2nd., Elizabeth Judkins)
4. Mary Jones (m. 1st., Richard Parker, Jr. and 2nd., John Worsham)
5. Frederick Jones, Sr. (m. Elizabeth "Betsy" Eppes)
6. Abraham Jones (m. Sarah "Sallie" Batte)
7. William Jones
8. Thomas Jones
9. Wood Jones (m. 1st., Sarah "Sallie" Stratton) and 2nd., Amy Jones)
10. Margaret Jones (m. 1st., Edward Goodrich and 2nd., Col. Richard Jones)
I would like to thank Arleta for sponsoring Peter Jones' memorial. Her thoughtfulness is greatly appreciated.
Mary Batte Jones*
Margaret Jones Jones*
John Jones (____ - 1757)*
Abraham Jones (1690 - 1758)*
Peter Jones (1691 - 1759)*
Martha Jones Ragsdale (1701 - ____)*
Created by: Georgia Girl
Record added: Mar 05, 2011
Find A Grave Memorial# 66504027