|Birth: ||Feb. 11, 1877|
|Death: ||Oct. 18, 1941|
Isaac Nelson "Ike" Miller Sr., born Feb. 11, 1877 in Bell Co., TX being the sixth child of Martin Van Buren Miller of IN and Louisa Jane Hinman of IN.
1. Married March 10, 1895 in Dallas, Dallas Co., TX to Grace Lillian Peterson, born Feb. 15, 1877 in Dallas, Dallas Co., TX and died Feb. 22, 1941 in Houston, Harris Co., TX. Daughter of Christian Fritz Peterson of Denmark and Catrina Rebecca Marie Christensen of Denmark. Into this union 2 children were born:
1. Violet Angie Miller born Jan. 1, 1896 Dallas, Dallas Co., TX, drown in Buffalo Bayou on Aug. 27, 1908 in Houston, Harris Co., TX
2. Frederick Vanburen Miller born Dec. 5, 1897 in Dallas, Dallas Co., TX, died Aug. 28, 1982 in Houston, Harris Co., TX.
Divorced on June 2, 1900 in Dallas, Dallas Co., TX.
2. Married Aug. 22, 1900 in Dallas, Dallas Co., TX to Lula Hayes, born April 1888 in TX, died 1902/1903. Died with galloping pneumonia, as did their son. Into this union one male child was born. Name and date of birth and death unknown.
3. Married Oct. 25, 1903 in Athens, Henderson Co., TX to Jessie Pearl Montgomery, born March 8, 1887 in Athens, Henderson Co., TX and died May 4, 1974 in Garland, Dallas Co., TX, being the second child of eleven children of James Fernander "Jim" Montgomery of MS and Beulah Benton Ironie Guill of TX. From this union eight children were Ikborn.
1. Hubert Harold Miller born Nov. 11, 1904 in Athens, died Dec. 4, 1994 in Athens
2. Vertie Cleo "Sally" Miller Quisenberry born July 3, 1907 in Stephens Co., TX died April 30, 1989 in Rowlett, Dallas Co., TX
3. Lee Roy Miller born June 20, 1910 Stephens Co., TX, died Jan. 24, 1990 in Houston, Harris Co., TX
4. Robert Nelson Miller born Aug. 25, 1912 in Athens, died Sept. 1, 1967 In Dallas, Dallas Co., TX
5. Maggie Lorraine Miller born Oct. 17, 1914 in Athens, died Feb. 11, 1917 in Athens
6. Homer T. Miller born May 7, 1917 in Athens, died March 26, 2000 in Tyler, Smith Co., TX
7. Steven Austin Miller born Nov. 25, 1921 in Athens, died July 15, 1944 in Freeport, Brazoria Co., TX
8. Isaac Nelson "Ike Jr." Miller born April 21, 1925 in Athens
Ike moved with his parents from Bell Co., TX to Dallas in 1892/1893. At some time in late 1890's to early 1900, Ike drove a horse drawn street car in Dallas. He was also a farmer in his early adulthood. Ike and Pearl lived in Dallas in one of his father's houses after they got married. Pearl returned to Athens so the family doctor, Old Dr. Hodge, could deliver her first child but when Hubert was born Dr. Hodge was out of town and another doctor had to deliver him. Ike and Pearl moved with his parents to Stephens Co., TX when Martin Miller sold his property in Dallas and purchased a section of land in Stephens Co. Martin and several of his married children moved onto this property on Jan. 1, 1907 and most of the family lived in tents till houses were built.
Cleo and Lee Roy were born while the family lived in Stephens Co. Ike moved his family to Athens sometime between late 1910 or in 1911 and into Pearl's parents homeplace.
Martin Van Buren Miller (1844 - 1909)
Louisa Jane Hinman Miller (1844 - 1912)
Grace Lillian Petersen Pittman (1875 - 1941)*
Jessie Pearl Montgomery Miller (1887 - 1974)*
Violet Angie Miller (1896 - 1908)*
Frederick Vanburen Miller (1897 - 1982)*
Hubert Harold Miller (1904 - 1994)*
Sally Cleo Miller Quisenberry (1907 - 1989)*
Lee Roy Miller (1910 - 1990)*
Robert Nelson Miller (1912 - 1967)*
Maggie Lorraine Miller (1914 - 1917)*
Homer T. Miller (1917 - 2000)*
Steve Austin Miller (1921 - 1944)*
Mary Rachel Waggoner Haynes (1860 - 1922)**
William Smith Miller (1866 - 1943)*
Edmond Carlton Miller (1871 - 1949)*
Annie Bell Miller Reed (1875 - 1945)*
Isaac Nelson Miller (1877 - 1941)
Daisy Florence Miller Daniel (1878 - 1955)*
Charles C. Miller (1884 - 1913)*
Plot: 433 Sec. C
Maintained by: Marilyn Miller
Originally Created by: James A Gamblin
Record added: Jan 30, 2011
Find A Grave Memorial# 64936784
Grandpa, I have only several memories of you but know how much you loved your kids and grandchildren. Your granddaughter.|
Added: Mar. 19, 2014