|Birth: ||Feb. 21, 1872, Switzerland|
|Death: ||Dec. 15, 1936|
A farm home accident that cost the life 5-weeks ago of John Ruess, Bennington Township farmer, had it's tragic aftermath Tuesday night when Mrs. Sophia Ruess, her mind gone from shock of her husbands death and effects of coal gas fumes she inhaled at the time of the accident, died in Memorial Hospital. Seriously ill after lying more than twelve hours in a room filled with fumes from a coal heater, Mrs. Ruess recovered sufficiently to attend the funeral of her husband, who succumbed to the effects of the gas and was found dead in the kitchen of their home.
Later deadly effects of the gas fumes she had inhaled affected Mrs. Ruess's mind and aggravated a stomach ailment. This together with shock of her husbands death proved fatal. she had been a patient in the hospital since December 8.
She is survived by a Sister Mrs Louisa Pappenfuss of 814 East Oliver street, and nine other Brothers and Sisters living in this country and Switzerland. Mrs. Ruess was the first to die of a family of eleven children.
John H. Ruess (1868 - 1936)*
Hillcrest Memorial Gardens
Plot: Mausoleum 23-D
Maintained by: minpar
Originally Created by: Carol Langdon Gregory
Record added: Jan 16, 2011
Find A Grave Memorial# 64270085
RIP sweet Sophia|
Added: Jun. 11, 2014