Vincent Wyatt Sr. was born in Halifax County, VA. in 1766 and died in Henry County, VA. in 1832 at the age of 66. (He was the son of John and Hannah _____.(maybe Vincent)?
He purchased a farm in Halifax County, VA. adjoining William Wyatts' estate in 1790.
Later he purchase land in Spartansburg, SC and lived there for a while.
He then moved ca.1798 to Henry County, VA. locating on Leatherwood Creek near Horsepasture.
He enlisted on Aug 27th 1814 in Capt. George W. Jacksons' Company, 36th Regiment (Rennos') VA Militia.
Discharged Nov 24, 1814.
Before his death, he deeded 100 acres of his farm in Henry County, VA. to son John Posey Wyatt and 50 acres to his son, Craven Wyatt and 80 acres from his farm in Spartanburg SC to Vincent Wyatt, Jr. and a tract of land to son William.
After his death in 1832, son John Posey Wyatt was appointed administrator and his widow was given a dower. The land was sold at public action July 18, 1838.
Vincent Wyatt(1766-1832) & Elizabeth Simpson had the following children:
1. Vincent WYATT, JR., married Mary Ann (unknown).
Settled in South Carolina
2. William WYATT
3. Lettice WYATT, married George Davis
4. John Posey WYATT (c.1785-1856), married 1816, Henry County, VA. to Agatha "Agness Richardson, dau. of Elijah Richardson
5. Craven WYATT (c.1790-1880), married 1st, Eleanor Richardson (c.1805-c.1836), dau. of Elijah Richardson.
Craven Wyatt, md. 2nd, 1836, to Nancy Eggleton, dau. of Thomas Eggleton Sr & Jane Thomasson
6. Nancy WYATT, married Daniel Lovell
7. Elijah Wyatt, born 1800
8. Clay WYATT, born 1803 in Horsepasture, Leatherwood Creek, Henry County, VA. He married Betsy (unknown)and settled in Kentucky.
9. Eliel WYATT was born in 1806 in Henry County, VA. and died 1890.
(He was probably named in honor of his Uncle Eliel Wyatt of Halifax County, VA., who married ca.1828, to Ruhama EVANS, of North Carolina, and moved to Pittsylvania County, VA.)
10. Eli WYATT was born in 1812 and died in 1894 at the age of 82. He married Elvira Docia Halsey. She was born in 1821 and died in 1897 at the age of 76.
11. Saunders WYATT was born in 1811 in Henry County, VA. and died in St. Clair County, MO. on Jun 14, 1858 at the age of 47. He married first to Rachel Delozier on Sept 5th, 1829 in Henry County, VA. She being the daughter of Edward and Francis Dyer Delozier. Rachel was born 1814 and died ca 1837 in St Clair County, MO. Saunders married 2nd to Eliza Ralston on May 6th, 1838 in Rives County, MO.
12. Henry WYATT was born in 1814 in Henry County, VA.
John Wyatt (____ - 1808)
Elizabeth Simpson Wyatt (1770 - 1838)*
Lettice Wyatt Davis*
John Posey Wyatt (1785 - 1856)*
Vincent Wyatt (1792 - ____)*
Craven Wyatt (1798 - 1880)*
Elijah Wyatt (1803 - 1886)*
Eliel Wyatt (1806 - 1890)*
Lucinda Sydney Wyatt Hash (1808 - 1846)*
James Wyatt (1811 - 1858)*
Eli E Wyatt (1812 - 1894)*
Created by: deegraver
Record added: Nov 06, 2010
Find A Grave Memorial# 61226684