|Birth: ||Jun. 22, 1871|
The sixth of eight children born to Martin James Jr & Nancy Ann (Tucker) Clevenger of Laurel, Franklin Co IN, late of Rush Co IN, Uncle Orie married three times:
1) Ida May Levi on 29 Apr 1891 in Rush Co IN, the daughter of James Riley & Mary E (Ramsey) Levi of Rushville, Rush Co IN.
2) Stella M Lyons on 26 Jul 1894 in Rush Co IN, the daughter of Charles & Rosa (Pea) Lyons.
3) Sophia J Wentworth on 16 Sep 1918 in Marion Co IN, the daughter of George & Corinna (Handlon) Wentworth.
Indiana Marriage Records 1811-1959:
"name: Ora Clevinger
event date: 29 Apr 1891
event place: Rush,
other event place: Rushville
registration place: Rush, Indiana, United States
number of prior marriages: 1st
birthplace: Rushville Indiana
father's name: Martin Clevinger
mother's name: Nancy Lucker [Tucker]
spouse's name: Ida May Levi
spouse's gender: Female
spouse's number of prior marriages: 1st
spouse's race: White
spouse's birthplace: Indiana
spouse's father's name: James Levi
spouse's mother's name: Mary Ramsy
officiator's name: Geo A Beattie
record number: 1047
film number: 001630368
digital folder number: 004129319
image number: 00631
number of images: 1
batch number: M02058-9"
Indiana Marriages, Rush Co:
"Ora CLEVENGER - Stella LYONS; 26 Jul 1894, Rush Co IN"
Indiana Marriage Records 1780-1992:
"groom's name: Ora Clevenger
groom's birth date: 25 Dec 1867
groom's birthplace: Rushville, Ind
bride's name: Sophia Whitworth
bride's birth date: 13 Feb 1883
bride's birthplace: Eumgsford, Ky [sic]
marriage date: 16 Sep 1918
marriage place: Marion, Indiana
groom's father's name: Martin Clevenger
groom's mother's name: Nancey Tucker
bride's father's name: George Whitworth
bride's mother's name: Corinna Handlon
groom's race: White
groom's marital status: Widowed
bride's race: White
bride's marital status: Divorced
indexing project (batch) number: M01602-5
system origin: Indiana-EASy
source film number: 499415
reference number: Pg #397"
No known children with Ida.
Children with Stella:
1) Mabel Clevenger (1895-aft 1940)
2) Infant Daughter Clevenger (1896-1896)
3) Ethel Clevenger (1897-1945), m1: Claude Setton Levi, m2: William Breckinridge Wentworth.
4) Roy Clevenger (1899-1983), m1: Ruth Alice Abernathy, m2: Caroline Louise Cook, m3: Eleanor Ruth.
5) Robert Clevenger (1901-1901)
6) Martin Louis "Budge" Clevenger (1902-1991)
7) May Clevenger (b. 1904)
8) Bessie Clevenger (1905-aft 1983), m: Raymond Henry Smith.
9) Lawrence Clevenger (1906-1907)
Orie was a House Mover and a Farmer. Later in life, he had one leg amputated. He was also known as "Crabby". My Aunt Toots tells me he had long hair later in life.
Martin James Clevenger (1837 - 1878)
Nancy Ann Tucker Clevenger (1832 - 1905)
Ethel Clevenger Wentworth (1897 - 1945)*
Robert Clevenger (1901 - 1901)*
Martin Louis Clevenger (1902 - 1991)*
Lawrence Clevenger (1905 - 1907)*
Ira Clevenger (1856 - 1921)*
Josephine Clevenger Pea (1863 - 1901)*
Martin Clevenger (1865 - 1953)*
Joseph Clevenger (1870 - 1880)*
Ora Clevenger (1871 - 1945)
East Hill Cemetery
Created by: Bonnie's Daughter
Record added: Oct 18, 2010
Find A Grave Memorial# 60280677