|Birth: ||Feb. 17, 1922|
North Carolina, USA
|Death: ||Oct. 12, 2010|
..Obit::: The Herald Newspaper
- KINGS MOUNTAIN - 1922-2010
- Mayola "Sis" Hayes Blanton, 88, passed away Oct.12, 2010.
- She was born Feb. 17, 1922, in Cleveland County, daughter of the late Thie Edgar Hayes and the late Iva Belle Wilkie Hayes of Cleveland County. She was one of 14 children.
- She was preceded in death by her daughter, Faye Blanton and sons, James Blanton and Tommy Blanton; brothers, J.C. Hayes, Arthur Hayes, Mack Hayes, James Hayes, Yates Hayes and Dean Hayes; sisters, Thelma Hayes Carr, Blanche Hayes Kilby and Margaret Hayes Hull.
- Mrs. Blanton is survived by four sons, Donald Blanton of Rock Hill, S.C., Burrell Blanton Jr. and wife, Rhonda, of Fort Lawn, S.C., Terry Blanton and wife, Frances, of Catawba, N.C., and Ricky Blanton and wife, Debra, of Kings Mountain; three daughters, Rita D. Young and husband, James, of Fort Lawn, S.C., Glenda Buga and husband, Jim, of Newton, N.C., and Kathy Elkins and husband, Howard, of Bessemer City. She had 26 grandchildren; 45 great-grandchildren; and eight great-great-grandchildren.
- Mrs. Blanton is also survived by one brother, Ray Hayes of Catawba, Miss.; and three sisters, Elvie Allen of Grover, N.C., Lula Townsend of Hickory, N.C., and Beulah Hayes of Grover, N.C.
- Mrs. Blanton was a homemaker, loving mother, grandmother, great-grandmother and friend.
- A special thank you to Glenda, Misty and Shannon for the loving care they gave our wonderful mother during her illness.
- The family will receive friends from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. Thursday at Sisk-Butler Funeral Home in Bessemer City. Funeral services will be conducted at 2 p.m. Friday at Sisk-Butler Funeral Home by the Rev. Dick Whitener and Pastor Arnie McManus.
- The family wishes to extend an invitation to the graveside service immediately following the funeral at Oak Grove Baptist Church Cemetery in Kings Mountain, N.C.
- In lieu of flowers, memorials may be made to Palliative Care Center and Hospice of Catawba Valley, 3975 Robinson Road, Newton, NC 28658
- Sisk-Butler Funeral Home in Bessemer City, N.C. is serving the family. Condolences may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Oak Grove Baptist Cemetery
North Carolina, USA
Created by: Rick and Kathy Wright
Record added: Oct 14, 2010
Find A Grave Memorial# 60099787