|Birth: ||Mar. 16, 1816|
|Death: ||Mar. 8, 1882|
John Stark Gallup, Jr. was born 16 Mar 1816 in Sheldon, Franklin Co., VT, the son of John Stark Gallup and Eunice Smith. In the early 1830ís the family left Vermont and traveled by inland waterways to Cincinnati, finally moving into Cass Co., MI about 1834.
John S. Gallup, Jr. was engaged in 1836 for 8 months with a party of surveyors to lay out the land between the Fox and Rock Rivers in Wisconsin; in 1838 he returned to the area and staked out a claim 7 miles west of Milwaukee, remaining on it for 18 months.
He returned to Howard Tp., Cass Co., MI about 1840 and lived in Pokagon Tp. from at least 1850 until his death.
He married first Julia[nna] McCoy on 30 Jan 1840 in Berrien Co., MI and had:
1. Philo Gallup (1841-1862) Killed in Civil War.
He married second Susan[nah] Martin in 1842 and had:
2. Elizabeth Eve Gallup (1843-1903), m. George Conklin and George Howard.
3. John Stark Gallup (abt. 1844-1902), m. Xenia Belle Graham.
4. Sarah Jennie Gallup (abt. 1846-1896), m. Henry Edwards.
5. Clement H. Gallup (1851- ).
6. Josephine Gallup (abt. 1849- )
He married third Mrs. Phebe A. Kent and had:
7. Lewis Sanders Gallup (1867-1934), m. Mrs. Estelle Rose Pitney.
John Stark Gallup (1777 - 1860)
Eunice Smith Gallup (1779 - 1851)
Susannah Martin Gallup (____ - 1869)
John S Gallup (1844 - 1902)*
Lewis Sanders Gallup (1867 - 1934)*
Infant Daughter Gallup (____ - 1805)*
Oliver Denison Smith Gallup (1806 - 1857)*
John S. Gallup (1816 - 1882)
Hammond D Gallup (1819 - 1902)*
Maintained by: Megan Heyl
Originally Created by: Amy
Record added: Sep 13, 2010
Find A Grave Memorial# 58581692