|Birth: ||Feb. 26, 1674|
|Death: ||Mar. 28, 1705|
Desire was born to John and Hope (Howland) Chipman in Barnstable in 1674. Her mother was the daughter of Mayflower passengers, John Howland and Elizabeth Tilley.
At the age of 18, Desire married Melatiah Bourne and the marriage is recorded to have been officiated by Stephen Skiffe, Esq., Justice of the Peace, on the 23rd day of Feb Anno Domini 1692. They made their residence in Sandwich, where they had eight children before her death at the age of 31 years.
Desire and Melatiah's children were:
1. Silvanus Bourne (1694–1763), m. Mercy Gorham.
2. Capt. Richard Bourne (1695–1738), m. Margaret Foster.
3. Samuel Bourne (1697–1697)
4. Sarah Bourne (1697–1697), twins, died as infants.
5. John Bourne (1698–1754), m. Mercy Hinckley.
6. Rev. Shearjashub Bourne (1699–1768), m1. Abigail Cotton; m2. Deborah Barker.
7. Silas Bourne (1701–1772), m. Mary Allen.
8. Bathsheba Bourne (1703–1787), m1. William Newcomb; m2. Gen. Timothy Ruggles.
John Chipman (1621 - 1708)
Hope Howland Chipman (1629 - 1683)
Melatiah Bourne (1673 - 1742)*
Silvanus Bourne (1694 - 1764)*
John Bourne (1698 - 1754)*
Shearjashub Bourn (1699 - 1768)*
Silas Bourne (1701 - 1772)*
Elizabeth Chipman Joyce (1648 - 1712)*
Hope Chipman Huckins (1652 - 1728)*
Lydia Chipman Sargeant (1654 - 1730)*
Hannah Chipman Huckins (1658 - 1696)*
Samuel Chipman (1661 - 1723)*
Ruth Chipman Crocker (1663 - 1698)*
Desire Chipman Bourne (1674 - 1705)
Note: Thank you to Find A Grave contributor Charlene Patton for marriage information updates.
Falmouth Old Burying Ground
Maintained by: Kline Lynch
Originally Created by: Tom Cummings
Record added: Oct 15, 2001
Find A Grave Memorial# 5846769
|Photos may be scaled.|
Click on image for full size.