|Birth: ||Jun. 25, 1767|
Fourth son and child of Governor Thomas and Lucy Grymes Nelson. He married about 1792 to Lucy, youngest daughter and fifteenth child of Honorable Jone Page, of North End, Gloucester (now Matthews) County, Va. and Jane Byrd his wife. Removed to "Mount Air", Hanover Co, Va. where she died. (Ref: Geneaology of the Page Family of Virginia)
The children of Francis and Lucy Nelson were born:
1. Thomas Nelson - born about 1793.
2. Mann Nelson - born about 1795 married first about 1820, Amelia Wahington, and second, Lydia Kounstar.
3. Susan Nelson - born about 1796 - died single.
4. Jane Nelson - born about 1798, married in 1819, John Page of North End, Clarke County, Va.
5. Lucy Nelson - born about 1789 - died single
6. Judith Nelson - born about 1801, married in 1819 Mann Page of Greenland, Gloucester County, Va..
7. Sally Page Nelson - born Dec 10, 1801, married Jan 21, 1841, Dr. Samuel Scollay, of Smithfield, Jefferson County, W.Va. and was his second wife. She died Mar 3, 1889 (according to her grave marker in Middleway Masonic Cemetery).
8. Maria Nelson, born about 1803, married about 1823, John Bedman, of Jefferson County, W.Va.
9. William Nelson - born about 1807, married about 1832, Mary, daughter of Col William Macon of Mount Pleasant, New Kent County, Va. - no issue. William Nelson at one time worked on the farm of Dr. Mann Page, at Turkey Hill, Albemarle County, Va.
10. Francis Nelson - born about 1809, known as "one-arm Frank", married about 1840, Letitia Prosser, of Bremo, Charles City County, Va. He died having a widow and six children. Francis one time worked on the Belvoir Farm, Albemarle County, Va.. He afterward worked at Shirley, on the James River, Va. At the latter place he lost his arm in some machinery.
11. Philip Nelson - born about 1811 at Mount Air, Hanover County, Va and resided there. he married in 1845, Jane Crease, widow of Rev. George W. Nelson, of the Episcopal Church, and was her second husband.
12. Hugh Nelson - born about 1813, at Mount Air, Hanover County, Va. He removed to Clarke County, Va. He married, 1836, Adelaide Holker of Boston, Mass. He died at the former residence of K.S. Nelson, Albermarle County, Va. about 1863, and was buried at Belvoir, same County.
13. Fannie Nelson - born about 1815, single,
14. Elizabeth (called Betsy) Nelson - born about 1817, married, 1835, Dr. James McCoughtry, and has issue.
Thomas Nelson (1738 - 1789)
Lucy Grymes Nelson (1743 - 1830)
Lucy Page Nelson (1775 - ____)*
Judith Nelson Page (1798 - ____)*
William Nelson (1763 - 1801)*
Thomas Nelson (1764 - 1804)*
Philip Nelson (1766 - 1851)*
Francis Nelson (1767 - 1833)
Hugh Nelson (1768 - 1836)*
Elizabeth Nelson Page (1770 - 1853)*
Mary Nelson Carter (1774 - 1803)*
Lucy Nelson Page (1777 - 1863)*
Robert Nelson (1778 - 1818)*
Susanna Nelson Page (1780 - 1850)*
Judith Nelson Nelson (1782 - 1869)*
Maintained by: Thomas
Originally Created by: P Fazzini
Record added: Jun 30, 2010
Find A Grave Memorial# 54321828