|Birth: ||Jan. 18, 1855|
|Death: ||May 10, 1938|
Olive Mehitable Cheney Humble was born to a polygamist father Elam Cheney and Talitha Cumi Garlick. Olive's mother Talitha previously had been married before. Her first husband was William Howard Avery who passed away in Atcheson, Missouri. Olive was the only daughter that Talitha gave birth to. Olive had one half brother named William Howard Avery (who was the son of her mother Talitha and Talitha's first husband William Avery).
Olive spent most of her growing up years in Nephi, Juab county, Utah. Her father Elam moved his wife Talitha and children to Nephi where Talitha's son William Avery built his mother and half siblings a little split cedar log home.
When Olive was 13-years old, she went with her mother to Springville, Utah to visit her Aunt Hannah and Uncle Joseph Gaston Garlick (both who were siblings to her mother Talitha). While there, Olive caught the eye of a boy who was six years older than her. This boy was George Anthony Humble. The two dated and corresponded for nearly a year. On 1 November 1869 they were married in the Endowment House in Salt Lake City, Salt Lake, Utah the same day her half brother William Avery was married to his bride. Olive was 14 years old at the time of her marriage to George A. Humble, and George was 19, almost 20-years old.
Olive and George Humble had the following twelve children:
1. MARY ANN HUMBLE; b. 19 June 1870 in Spanish Fork, Utah.
2. OLIVE ARLETTA HUMBLE; b. 22 February 1872 in Fairview, Sanpete, Utah.
3. GEORGE ANTHONY HUMBLE; b. 13 December 1873 in Fairview, Sanpete, Utah.
4. TALITHA ELIZABETH HUMBLE; b. 27 March 1875 in Fairview, Sanpete, Utah.
5. WILLIAM HENRY HUMBLE; b. 28 March 1877 in Fairview, Sanpete, Utah.
6. SARAH JANE HUMBLE; b. 4 March 1879 in Spanish Fork, Utah, Utah.
7. SUSANA ELEANOR HUMBLE; b. 29 July 1882 in Huntington, Emery, Utah.
8. MINNIE FRANCIS HUMBLE; b. 22 November 1884 in Huntington, Emery, Utah.
9. EULALIA ELZADA HUMBLE; b. 23 June 1886 in Huntington, Emery, Utah.
10. THOMAS EDWARD HUMBLE; b. 15 May 1888 in Huntington, Emery, Utah.
11. HETTY MALINE HUMBLE; b. 15 September 1891 in Huntington, Emery, Utah.
12. JOHN SCOTT HUMBLE; b. 1 December 1893 in Jackson, Teton, Wyoming.
Olive's mother Talitha came to live with her during Talitha's last days of her life; which only consisted of about 10 days and 2 weeks. During those last few weeks that Olive had with her mother, Olive took care of her every need until she died. Olive died thirty-six years later. Her son Scott (child #12) and his wife Edith were at Olive's bedside at the time of her death. Olive died on the 10 May 1938 in Victor, Teton, Idaho.
[Note: Much of this information has been summarized from the biography of Olive Mehitable Cheney Humble in the book titled, "The Hearts of the Children", by Vadna J. Mackley.]
Elam Cheney (1825 - 1912)
George Anthony Humble (1849 - 1919)
Mary Ann Humble Smith (1870 - 1930)*
George Anthone Humble (1873 - 1874)*
William H Humble (1877 - 1956)*
Sarah Jane Humble Butler (1879 - 1963)*
Minnie F Humble (1884 - 1958)*
Eulalia Elzada Humble Westover (1886 - 1977)*
Thomas E Humble (1888 - 1941)*
Hettie Moline Humble Westover (1893 - 1928)*
John Scott Humble (1893 - 1953)*
Maintained by: Rachelle Humble
Originally Created by: mj
Record added: Apr 05, 2001
Find A Grave Memorial# 5342150
For my 2nd great grandmother.|
Added: Jan. 26, 2012
Added: Nov. 21, 2006
Added: Nov. 10, 2005