South Carolina, USA
I have researched this family for many years. If you are related, and would like to share or exchange information I would love to hear from you.
William W. Davis born c1800 South Carolina per census records. 1830 Lowndes County, Al. census, finding four heads of household with the name of William Davis. The most likely was on page 258, information below on left of page...
Wm. Davis age 40-50,
one son under 5 - Ensley?,
one female 10-15, Regina married Wm Pogue
one female 15-20
one female 50-60
Sarah Falk age 30-40
one male 5-10
one male 10-15
two females 0-5
Sarah was the widow of Richard Faulk
William W. Davis was married (second wife) to Sarah Falk in 1836, she WAS NOT the mother of Regina (Pogue), Ensley and Jasper....Sarah was the first wife of Richard Faulk, he was born August 1, 1793 in Bladen Co., NC and died 1828 Lowndes Co, Al.
William and unknown first wife had a daughter, Regina A. Davis born about 1820 South Carolina. She married William Pogue. Their children were:
1) William Jackson Pogue born 1833 -1914, he married Elizabeth "Betsy" Ann Peragin.
2) Nancy Jane Pogue, married John O'Bannon.
3) George W. Pogue married Mary J. Reynolds
4) James A. Pogue born c1846
5) Henry H. Pogue born c1848
6) Robert Pogue born c1851
7) Regina Ann "Annie" Pogue born c1856, she married Thomas A. Britton.
8) Amanda Caroline "Callie" Pogue born Oct 1859, she married George Stunon.
William Davis died after the 1840 Benton/Calhoun County, Alabama census. More information about his second wife, Sarah, at her memorial.
Sarah unknown Faulk #2 Davis (1790 - ____)*
Ensley Pulaski Davis (1828 - 1887)*
Jasper Newton Davis (1832 - 1875)*
Created by: Ann Davis
Record added: May 14, 2010
Find A Grave Memorial# 52387533