|Birth: ||Aug. 16, 1633|
|Death: ||Feb. 14, 1683|
New London County
Ruth Rockwell, dau. of Dea. William Rockwell and Susanna Capen, b. Aug. 16, 1633 at Dorchester, Mass. She d. Feb. 14, 1682/3 at Norwich, Conn.
On Oct. 7, 1652 at Windsor, Conn., Ruth m. Christopher Huntington, s. of Simon Huntington and Margaret Barrett, bapt. July 25, 1624 at St. Andrews Church at Norwich, England. He d. in 1691 at Norwich, Conn. They had the following eight known children:
• i. Christopher Huntington, b. in Jan 1653/4 at Windsor, Conn., d. in infancy in circa May 1655 at Saybrook, Conn.
• ii. Ruth Huntington, b. Apr. 13, 1658 at Saybrook, Conn., d. Feb. 14, 1683/4 at Norwich, Conn., 3 days after giving birth to her only known child, son Samuel Pratt, Jr; m. May 26, 1681 at Norwich, Conn., Samuel Pratt.
• iii. Dea. Christopher Huntington, Jr., b. Nov. 1, 1660 at Norwich, Conn., where he d. Apr. 24, 1735; m. 1) May 26, 1681 at Norwich, Sarah Adgate, dau. of Thomas Adgate and his 2nd wife Mary (Marvin) Bushnell, b. in Jan. 1662/3 at Norwich. She d. in Feb. 1705/6 at Norwich. Eight children of the marriage. Christopher m. 2) in Oct. 1706 at Norwich, Judith (Stevens) Brewster, dau. of James Stevens and Sarah Smith, and widow of Jonathan Brewster (Benjamin, Jonathan, Elder William of the 1620 Mayflower and Plymouth Colony). She d. Mar 4, 1743/4 at Norwich. Four children of the marriage. Judith had five children by her first husband.
• iv. Capt. Thomas Huntington, b. Mar. 18, 1663/4 at Norwich, Conn., d. Nov. 7, 1732 at Windham, Conn.; m. Feb. 10, 1686/7 at Norwich, Elizabeth Backus, dau. of Lieut. William Backus, Jr. and Elizabeth Pratt, b. circa 1671 at Norwich, Conn. She d. Dec. 29, 1729 at Windham, Conn. Nine children of the family.
• v. John Huntington, b. Mar. 15, 1665/6 at Norwich, Conn. where he d. bef. Oct. 1703; m. Dec. 9, 1686 at Norwich, Abigail Lothrop, dau. of Samuel Lothrop (eldest s. of Rev. John Lothrop of Barnstable, Mass.) and Elizabeth Scudder, b. May 11, 1665 at New London, Conn. Five children of the family. Abigail m. 2) as his 2nd wife, her 1st cousin Dea. Samuel Baker, s. of Jeffrey Baker and Joan Rockwell, b. Mar. 30, 1644 at Windsor, Conn. where he d. Apr. 12, 1715. There were no children of this 2nd marriage.
• vi. Susanna Huntington, b. in Aug. 1668 at Norwich, Conn. where she d. Mar. 6, 1727/8; m. Dec. 10, 1685 at Norwich, Samuel Griswold, who d. Dec. 2, 1740 at Norwich. Eight children of the family.
• vii. Lydia Huntington, b. in Aug. 1672 at Norwich, Conn.
• viii. Ann Huntington, b. Oct. 25, 1675, d. Aug. 20, 1756 at Windham, Conn.; m. Oct. 28, 1697 at Windham, Jonathan Bingham, s. of Dea. Thomas Bingham and Mary Rudd, b. Apr. 15, 1674 at Norwich. He d. Feb. 28, 1750/1 at Windham, Conn. There were no known children of the marriage.
William Rockwell (1590 - 1640)
Susan Capen Rockwell Grant (1602 - 1666)
Christopher Huntington (1624 - 1691)*
Susannah Huntington Griswold (1668 - 1727)*
Anne Huntington Bingham (1675 - 1756)*
Created by: Don Blauvelt
Record added: Apr 20, 2010
Find A Grave Memorial# 51385211