|Birth: ||Feb., 1825|
Lucinda Harris died between 1880 and 1899. In 1899 William married Susie Thompson, no issue.
In a family biography, Stephen Harris, 1764-1841, His Ancestors & Some of His Descendants, published in 1992 by P. E. Newman, Atlanta, Georgia, the Harris family is delineated:
"William Harris of Prewitt, Essex, England married Anne Jernigan and had a son named Arthur Harris."
"Arthur Harris (died 1537) married Johanna Pery, daugher of Sir Thomas Percy, and had a son named William Harris."
"William Harris (died 1556) of Southminister-Shipland Hall Manor and "Crixes" married (1) Joan Smith, (2) Johanna Cooke, (3) Anne Rutter. By his first wife Joan Smith of Somerset, England he had sons named
(1) William Harris (Jr) and
(2) Richard Harris."
"William Harris (Jr) of Radford in Devon, England married Catherine (last name not known) and had children:
(1) Christopher Harris, married Barbara Ascott, he was buried 27 January 1625 and was a shareholder in his lifetime in the Third Virginia Company, and
(2) daughter Jane Harris."
"Jane Harris, daughter of Catherine and William Harris (Jr), of Devon married John Harris of Cornwall. They were married in Menhemist Parish on 31 January 1562 and had a son named John Harris (Jr)."
"John Harris (Jr) married Joane Harte, daughter of Robert Harte, and had eight children: Chirstopher (married Gertrude Grenvile), John Robert, Percy,Cecilia, Mary, Honor, and Bridget Harris."
"Robert Harris, son of Joan Harte and John John Harris (Jr), immigrated to America, arriving in the Virginia Colony in 1634 and settled in New Kent County. The name of his wife is not known at this writing. He had children:
(1) Robert Harris (Jr),
(2) Mary Harris who married (1) Anthony Splitimber and married (2) Matthew Swann, and their daughter
(3) Martha Harris who married John Jennings, Sr."
"Robert Harris (Jr), son of immigrant Robert Harris and his wife, was known in his lifetime as Major Robert Harris, married Mary Claiborne Rice who was a widow, she was the daughter of Colonel William Claiborne of King William County, Virginia and his wife Elizabeth Jane Bistow. Their children were:
(1) William, 1652-1687, married Temperance Overton and they had 14 children.
(5) John, married Mary Stanley, and
(6) Robert (III)."
"Thomas Harris, son of Major Robert Harris and his wife Mary Claiborne, date of birth not known, married Mary Giles and they settled previous to 1723 on land on Cubb Creek, a tributary of the South Anne River in Hanover County, Virginia. He is reported in family stories to have been killed by an Indian in 1725, with no circumstances provided. Their children were:
(1) William, wh married and had 3 children,
(2) Thomas (Jr) who married Elizabeth Lindsey and lived in Prince Edward County Virginia (he kept a journal, witten in 1785, that identified his parents, aunts, uncles, brothers and sisters by name),
(3) David, married widow Jane Landy Richardson, they lived in prince Edward and in Hanover County, Birginia and has sons Giles and Lewis. David died about 1777,
(5) John, married Mary Tinley, they lived in Hanover, Prince Edward and Amelia Counties, Birginia,
(6) Stephen, who married and had a family and resided in Hanover County, Virginia, and
(7) Claiborne (Ned) Harris."
"Claiborne (Ned) Harris, son of Thomas Harris and his wife Mary Giles (1), born 1725 and died between 1800 and 1810, married Judith (last name unknown) in Hanover County, Virginia…Children of Claiborne Harris and Judith were:
"(1) Benjamin, 1755-1833,
(2) Claiborne T. Harris who married Mary Lucinda Gillison,
"Stephen Harris, son of Claiborne (Ned) Harris and Judith Harris, was born circa 1764 in Granville County, North Carolina, and died 17 Apr 1841 in Gwinnett County, Georgia…"
"Stephen…married in 1787 in Abbeville County South Carolina Mary (Polly) Gillison, daughter of Archibald Gillison and his wife Jane (Jean) Harrison. Polly Gillison was the sister of Karen Gillison, wife of Benjamin Harris, brother to Stephen Harris."
"The children of Stephen and Polly Gillison Harris have been difficult to identify, in good measure because no Will or Estate records have been found, influenced by lost records in Gwinnett County, GA and the 1871 Courthouse fire…From the US Census records for the years 1790, 1800, 1810, 1820, 1830, 1840, and 1850 for both South Carolina and Georgia we find that they had five (5) children: 3 daughters and 2 sons…From these records, the children of Polly and Stephen Harris are identified as follows:
(1) a daughter born circa 1787-88,
(2) a daughter born circa 1788-1789,
(3) Harrison Harris born circa 1789-90,
(4) Archibald Harris born circa 1800,
(5) a daughter born circa 1806…"
"IV-THE DESCENDANTS OF STEPHEN HARRIS"
"Harrison Harris, son of Stephen and Polly Gillison Harris, was born circa 1789-90 in South Carolina, and died in Gwinnett County, Georgia after the 1850 after the Gwinnett County Census was taken. He married Elizabeth (last name not confirmed, but one family record identifies her as Elizabeth Betts)."
…it appears they had seven children as follows:
(1) Earley Harris, born circa 1818 in Georgia, died after 1880, married Julie Ann Braswell in Gwinnett County, Georgia in 1844,
(2) Harrison Jones Harris, born 1821 in Alabama, died in Gwinnett County in 1857, married circa 1839 Sophronia (Sophia) Hannah,
(3) a daughter, born circa 1820,
(4) a son, born circa 1820,
(5) a son, born circh 1820-25,
(6) William H. Harris, born circa 1825,
(7) a daughter, born circa 1825-30."
"William H. Harris, son of Harrison and Elizabeth (Betts) Harris, was born circa 1825 in Georgia, and died in October 1918 in Gwinnett County, Georgia at about age 93. He married about 1844 Lucinda (Cincy) Rawlins (Rawlings, Rollins), born circa 1828 in South Carolina, dhe died after 1880 and before 1899 in Gwinnett County, Georgia, she was the daughter and oldest child of David Rawlins and his first wife…"
"The children of William H. and Lucinda Rawlins Harris are as follows:
(1) Sarah H. Harris, b 1845, married T.M. Douglas,
(2) David Henry Harris, b 15 Sep 1846, died 20 Mar 1916, married Elizabeth Adeline (Eliza Addie) Brown,
(3) Lavinia Harris, b 1848, married William Rutledge,
(4) Hahalia (Halie) Harris, b 1849, married George W. Rutledge,
(5) Harrison J. Harris, b 8 Oct 1853, died 12 Feb 1912, buried Haynes Creek Baptist Cemetery, married MarthaLouisa Rutleldge,
(10) Elizabeth (Eliza) J. Harris, b 1866,
(11) Daniel M. Harris, b Dec 1869, married Ida E. (last name not known),
(12) Alice Harris, b 1872…"
Lucinda Rawlins Harris (1828 - 1880)*
David Henry Harris (1846 - 1916)*
Harrison J Harris (1856 - 1912)*
Haynes Creek Primitive Baptist Church Cemetery
Created by: Dean Corbitt
Record added: Apr 09, 2010
Find A Grave Memorial# 50877904
|Photos may be scaled.|
Click on image for full size.