|Birth: ||May 9, 1777|
|Death: ||Sep. 15, 1841|
New York, USA
Oliver-4 Wolcott was the son of Ellis-3 Russell and his wife 1) Jane Catherine Wolcott.
9 RUSSELL siblings, first 6 born in Ellington Parish, Windsor, CT; last 4 born in Springfield, MA. [See father Ellis Russell memorial for names of siblings, dates, etc.]
Oliver-4 married 1) Nancy Newton on 19/7/1798 in Springfield, Hampden, MA. She died before 1813 probably in Ontario Co., NY.
[Note: Probably died during or soon after childbirth with Solomon 1808-1809. Mary E. Warner, 2013.]
4 RUSSELL children with Nancy:
1. Nancy Russell B-5/22/1799 in Springfield, Hampden, MA, died 8/1/1889 in Reading, Hillsdale, MI; m. Robert Berry (1783-1847) of Seneca, Ontario, NY; 12 children.
2. Oliver Newton Russell(9/3/1802- ) born in Springfield, MA, [[Died in Reading, Hillsdale, MI. MEW, 2013]]; m. Ester ...
3. Elizabeth "Betsey" Russell B-1805 in Phelps, Ontario, NY, died 1851; m. Gardner Berry (1801-1871) of Shelby Twp., Orleans, NY in 1823; 6 children.
4. Solomon Russell B-1808-1809. ?#8758010
Note: Some of these children moved to Michigan because we have found their headstones/cemeteries. Mary E. Warner, 2013.
Oliver married 2) Catherine (Grant) Chadwick, born in MA, in Arcadia Twp., Orleans, NY. After Oliver died, in 1841, at age ~46, Catherine moved to Eaton Co., MI and married 3) Henry L. Worden, age 60, also of Eaton Co., MI. Worden died in 1846. She then married 4) Daniel Chadwick, age 53, before 1850. Daniel lived in Delta Twp., Eaton Co., MI. Living with them were Amanda Russell, age 15, and Jabez Russell, age 14. Living in the same dwelling, but in a separate David and Sally Saunders family, lived her daughter Abigail Russell, age 17, born in MI. Catherine claimed War of 1812 bounty land for the benefit of his minor orphan Amanda Russell, and was issued a warrant for 160 acres under the Act of 1855. [DWR, pg. 77]
[Note: this might imply that Oliver Russell moved to the area of Eaton Co., MI prior to his death, or that Catherine was pregnant when Oliver died and she moved to MI with some of her Russell children. Mary E. Warner, 2013.]
10 RUSSELL children with Catherine (Grant) Russell:
5. Mary M. Russell B-11/20/1814.
6. John W. Russell B-4/27/1818. #5287608
7. William Russell B-1/13/1820.
8. Sarah "Sally" Russell B-4/26/1822; m. ~1841, David Sunders. They lived with her mother in Delta Twp., Eaton Co., MI, in 1850.
9. Levi (I. or J.) Russell B-2/6/1824.
10. Julia A. Russell B-1/6/1826.
11. Susan RussellB09/24/1827; m. at age 15, Henry French, age 26, both of Onedia Twp., on 12/4/1843. Lived there in 1850.
12. Jane C. Russell B-5/30/1830.
13. Abigail Russell B-3/23/1833; m. Samuel Chadwick on 10/1851, both of Onedia Twp., Eaton Co., MI.
14. Amanda Russell B-3/23/1835; m. Thomas Gallagher on 11/20/1853, Amanda from Grand Ledge, MI, and he from Greenville, Montcalm, MI.
15. Jabez Russell B~1836. Not listed in family records.
Primary source: "Descendants of William Russell of Salem, Mass, 1674," [DWR], by George Ely Russell, pub. 1989, 200 copies printed; pgs. 76-77. [See George Ely Russell, author: Memorial #103691765.]
Research in book above: Mary E. Warner, 2013.
RUSSELL lineage: Ellis-3 Russell and Jane Catherine Wolcott, Ebenezer-2 Russell and Deborah Hibbard; William-1 Russell and Elizabeth Nurse [Elizabeth: daughter of Rebecca (Towne) Nurse of the Salem, MA, Witch trial.]
NOTE: Ellis Russell and his son, Oliver Wolcott Russell vanished in the records. Oliver Wolcott did go from Springfield, MA to Arcadia Twp., Orleans, NY to marry 2) Catherine Grant. According to the 1840 census he lived in Orleans, NY. He died in 1841 in Shelby, Orleans, NY. Source: Sally Davis, 2/6/2013.
SAVE: [Oliver and Catherine had the following children: Mary M, John W, William, Sarah, Levi, Julia A, Susan, Jane C, Abigail, Amanda, and Jabez.]
Ellis Russell (1730 - ____)
Jane Catherine Wolcott Russell (1733 - ____)
Nancy Newton Russell (1777 - ____)*
Catherine Grant Russell Chadwick (1796 - 1872)*
Nancy Russell Berry (1799 - 1889)*
Oliver Newton Russell (1801 - 1863)*
Susan Grant Russell Trench (1827 - 1892)*
Mary Russell Warner (1754 - 1846)*
Abner Russell (1759 - 1819)*
Roxanna Russell Stephenson (1762 - ____)*
Wolcott Russell (1766 - 1820)*
Lucinda Russell Warriner (1773 - 1863)*
Oliver Wolcott Russell (1777 - 1841)
Roswell Russell (1778 - 1822)*
Maintained by: Mary E. Warner
Originally Created by: Ed Poulin
Record added: Apr 04, 2010
Find A Grave Memorial# 50655100