|Birth: ||Feb. 11, 1638|
Samuel Fuller, s. of Samuel Fuller and Jane Lothrop, bapt. Feb. 11, 1637/8 at Scituate, Mass. by his maternal grandfather, Rev. John Lothrop. He d. intestate bef. Dec. 28, 1691 at Barnstable, Mass., the date his estate inventory was made.
By 1660 Samuel m. his first cousin, Ann Fuller, dau. of Dr. Matthew Fuller and poss. Matthew's wife Frances, b. circa 1639 prob., but not assuredly, in England. She d. bef. Dec. 28, 1691 as she is called deceased in the estate record of her husband.
The inventory of the estate of Samuel Fuller, Jr. was made on Dec. 28, 1691 by Sherejashub Borne (q.v. Bourne) and Josiah Crocker amounting to £98-17-00 [Barn. Prob. Rec., 1:51]. Excluded from the inventory were:
• Two Cowes and two Calves and half a Steer and two Sheep a horse and a Colt which Joseph Fuller ye son of sd deceased Challengeth to be his proper estate and all his Brothers affermes the same.
• There is a three year old heifer and vantage and a two year old heifer and a vantage steer nere three year old and five sheep and a mare and a little hors and half a steer which Benjamin Fuller challengeth to be his proper estate and all his Brothers affermes it to be so.
• And two Sheep to Desire Fuller and a heifer of three year old and vantage.
• And a heifer of a year and vantage old and a mare to Sarah Fuller Daughters of sd deceased.
• All which all ye Brothers agreed in and was their own act.
On Dec. 30, 1691, Letters of Administration "by Capt John Thacher and Mr Barnabas Lothrop were comitted to John Fuller to administer upon ye estate of Samuel Fuller Late of Barnstable deceased...and to take into his Coustede ye estate of Desire Fuller and Sarah Fuller Daughters of said deceased Samuel Fuller and safely keep it till further order." On the same date:
• These presents witnesseth that Matthew Fuller, Barnabas Fuller, Joseph Fuller and Benjamin Fuller Sons of Samuel Fuller Late of Barnstable deceased do by these presents Resine give up and quit claime unto their Sisters Desire Fuller and Sarah Fuller, Daughters of sd deceased, of all their deceased Mothers apparrel of what sort and kind so ever it be as well made up as Intended to be made up: as also all ye houshold stuff of sd deceased of what sort or kind so ever that is comonly used within doars exceipt one bedd praized at fifty shillings which was given to Joseph Fuller and Benjamin Fuller by their deceased Mother as all Brass, pewter, Iron bedd, beding, tables, Linnin sheets, pillow cotes, and all other utensels what so ever, except as before excepted unto ye said Desire Fuller and Sarah Fuller their heirs and assignes for ever.
• In witness where of wee ye said Matthew Fuller, Barnabas Fuller, Joseph Fuller and Benjamin Fuller have here unto set our hands and seals this thirtieth day of December one thousand six hundred ninty and one.
The mark of Matthew Fuller
The mark of Barnabas Fuller
The mark of Joseph Fuller
The mark of Benjamin Fuller
The children of Samuel Fuller, Jr. and Ann Fuller follow, the order of their birth uncertain:
• i. Matthew Fuller, m. Feb. 25, 1691/2 at Barnstable, Patience Young, dau. of George Young andf Patience Pinson, b. of record Mar. 3, 1673/4 at Scituate, Mass. Seven children recorded at Barnstable.
• ii. Barnabas Fuller, d. testate at Barnstable, Mass. betw. Dec. 31, 1735 (will) and Apr. 26, 1738 (proved); m. Feb. 25, 1680/1 at Barnstable, Elizabeth Young, who d. after Dec. 31, 1735. Five children of record at Barnstable.
• iii. Joseph Fuller, d. testate at Barnstable, MAss. betw. Jul 2, 1750 (will) and Jan, 15, 1750/1 (proved); m. before 1700, Thankful Blossom, dau. of Peter Blossom and Sarah Bodfish, b. in 1657 at Barnstable, Mass. She d. testate betw. Aug. 13, 1757 (will) and Mar. 7, 1758 (proved).Four children of the family.
• iv. Benjamin Fuller, b. Dec. 16, 1665 of record at Barnstable; married and had four children recorded at Barnstable, but the name of his wife cannot be found.
• v. Desire Fuller; m. June 11, 1703 at New London, Conn., John Taylor.
• vi. Sarah Fuller; no further record found beyond mention in her father's 1691 probate record.
Samuel Fuller (1608 - 1683)
Jane Lothrop Fuller (1614 - 1659)
Ann Fuller Fuller (1639 - ____)
Matthew Fuller (1663 - ____)*
Created by: Don Blauvelt
Record added: Apr 03, 2010
Find A Grave Memorial# 50617521
Added: Jun. 5, 2012