|Birth: ||Apr. 6, 1674|
|Death: ||Aug. 11, 1748|
Joseph Case, eighth child and sixth son of John Case, Sr. and Sarah Spencer, b. Apr. 6, 1674 at Simsbury, Conn. He d. testate Aug. 11, 1748, Æ 75.
On Apr. 6, 1699 at Simsbury, Joseph m. (by Daniel Clark, JP) Ann Eno, eldest dau. of James Eno, Jr. and Abigail Bissell, b. Apr. 10, 1682 at Windsor, Conn. She d. at Simsbury June 10, 1760, Æ 79.
Joseph Case's estate, as abstracted by Manwaring in his "Digest of the Early Connecticut Probate Records," vol. 3, p. 522-23, citing Probate vol. XV, p. 206-7, follows:
• Joseph Case of Simsbury. Died Aug. 11, 1748. Inventory taken Sept. 1, 1748 by Jonathan Pettebone, Amos Wilcocks and David Phelps. Will dated Feb. 17, 1742/3.
• I, Joseph Case, Sen., of Simsbury, in the County of Hartford, do make this my last will and testament:
• Imprimis: I do give unto my beloved wife Ann 10 acres of land, to be taken on the south side of my part of that land that I bought of Capt. James Cornish in company with my son Jacob Case and his wife Abigail, to be to her my sd. wife Ann and to her heirs and assigns forever. Also, I do give unto my wife the use of 1/3 part of all my improveable land and buildings during her life. Also, I do give unto my wife Ann the 1/2 of all my personal estate, to be her own forever.
• I do hereby give unto my son Joseph and to his heirs and assigns forever all the remainder of the land which I have in Nod meadow that I have not already disposed of by deed, and also all the remainder of my land that I have lying in the meadow plaine within the field which my sd. son's house stands on, lying south on the road.
• I give to my son Jacob a tenth part of all my homelott lying at Weatogue, on the west side of the river, be the same more or less, with 1/5 part of the dwelling house standing thereon; also 32 acres and 1/2 of land to be taken in my lott lying on the Bauld Hill in the 1st half mile tier of lotts within the west mountains, and also 9-1/2 acres of land in the first mile tier of lotts west of the meadow plain, next to Joseph Mills's lott.
• Also, I do give to my sons, Josiah and Joel, to each of them in equal shares, 19-1/2 acres of land to be taken off the north side of my lott lying on the Bauld Hill, in the 1st mile tier; and also 6 acres of the land that I bought of my son Jacob in that lott that I bought of Capt. Cornish in company with my sd. son Jacob and his wife Abigail; and also 58 acres of land to be taken on the north side of the same lott; and also 33 acres of land (being my lott lying in the 2nd mile tier in the Weatogue division) at a place called Rail Hill; and also 2/10 parts of my homelott lying at Weatogue, on the west side of the river.
• Also, I give to my son Benajah 1/4 part of all my personal estate.
• And I also give to my son Joel 1/8 part of all my personal estate.
• All the rest of my estate, real and personal, I give to my sons (if I have any real estate not disposed of), to be equally divided between my sons Joseph, Jacob, David and Josiah.
• I appoint my wife Ann and my son Joseph executors.
Witness: ...................JOSEPH CASE, LS.
Rhoda X Alvord.
• Court Record, Page 74--Sept. 6, 1748: The last will and testament of Joseph Case, late of Simsbury decd., was now exhibited in Court by Anne Case and Joseph Case, executors. Proven. Exhibit of an inventory. Both ordered to be recorded and kept on file.
Joseph Case and Ann Eno had the following children, all b. of record at Simsbury, Conn.:
• i. Joseph Case, Jr., b. Feb. 2, 1699/700, d. at Simsbury Mar. 12, 1782, Æ 83; m. Dec. 7, 1721 at Simsbury, Hannah Humphrey (q.v., Humphry), dau. of Dea. John Humphrey, Jr. and Sarah Pettibone, b. Mar. 17, 1700/01 at Simsbury, where she d. Feb. 10, 1787, Æ 86. Nine children of the family.
• ii. Jacob Case, b. Mar. 19, 1701/2, d. at Simsbury July 23, 1763, Æ 62; m. Oct 28, 1728 at Simsbury, Abigail Barber, dau. of Thomas Barber and Abaigail Buell. She d. Jan. 15, 1779 at Simsbury. Eight children of the family.
• iii. An infant son, who d. Aug. 19, 1705.
• iv. Rev. Benajah Case, b. Feb. 5, 1709/10, d. testate betw. Feb. 6-Mar. 24, 1762 at New Fairfield, Conn., Æ 53; m. Ann --- and had three minor children at his death.
• v. Josiah Case, b. Feb. 1, 1715/6, d. at Simsbury Nov. 21, 1789, Æ 74; m. Mary Hoskins July 22, 1742, who d. Apr. 29, 1797.
• vi. Hezekiah Case, b. Apr. 26, 1719; not mentioned in his father's will of Feb. 17, 1742/3.
• vii. David Case, b. circa 1722; m. Sarah Kilburn at Simsbury Dec. 15, 1742. They resided at Litchfield, Conn.
• viii. Joel Case, b. May 30, 1724; m. Thankful Hoskins at Simsbury Oct. 28, 1747.
John Case (1616 - 1704)
Sarah Spencer Case (1636 - 1691)
Ann Eno Case (1682 - 1760)*
Joseph Case (1700 - 1782)*
Elizabeth Case Tuller (1656 - 1718)*
Mary Case Hillier (1660 - 1725)*
John Case (1662 - 1733)*
Joseph Case (1674 - 1748)
Sarah Case Phelps (1676 - 1704)*
Created by: Don Blauvelt
Record added: Mar 03, 2010
Find A Grave Memorial# 49040125
Rest in Peace Grandfather|
Added: Apr. 14, 2010