|Death: ||Oct. 14, 1763|
Sabrina King Combs related this information to me: "This Thomas Barrow is usually known as Thomas Barrow, Sr. or just plain Thomas Barrow even though his father is also a Thomas Barrow."
Thomas Barrow, II, was the son of Thomas Barrow and Elizabeth Horton Barrow. He was born in Henrico, Surry County, Virginia in 1663. In 1695, he married Elizabeth Brantley (1665-November 26, 1761) in Lawnes Creek, Surry County, Virginia. Elizabeth was the daughter of John Brantley and Hannah ----. They had seven children:
1) Thomas Barrow III, born 1698
2) Elizabeth Barrow, born 1700
3) John Barrow, born January 9, 1700
4) Simon Barrow, born 1705
5) Jane Barrow, born 1710
6) Sarah Barrow, born 1715
7) Fortune Barrow, born 1720
This is the order that most sources agree on. However, another list is given by Deborah Kalina at RootsWeb, which orders the children differently and includes the name Edmund, which does not appear above:
1) Simon Barrow born 1693 in Lawnes Creek, Surry, VA
2) Edmund Barrow born 1694
3) Elizabeth Barrow born 1695 in Lawnes Creek, Surry, VA
4) Jane Barrow born 1697 in Isle Wight, Surry, VA
5) Thomas Barrow born 1698 in Lawnes Creek, Surry, VA
6) John Barrow born January 9, 1700 in Southampton, Brunswick, VA
7) Fortune Barrow born 1712 in Isle of Wight, Surry, VA
8) Sarah Barrow born 1715 in Isle of Wight, Surry, VA
According to both lists, all the children were born within a span of 22 years. I do not know which one, if either, is correct.
Thomas lived on land located south of the Nottaway River and near the Meherrin River in Southampton County, Virginia. He operated fisheries and farmed there. He appeared on a list in 1693 that indicates him being in the household on a paying basis, of his step-father, George Blow, Jr. He also owned land and lived in both Surry and Isle of Wight counties there in Virginia.
Thomas Barrow, II died in Southampton County, Virginia on October 14, 1763, having lived to, or nearly to, age 100.
Thomas Barrow (1640 - 1684)
Elizabeth Horton Barrow (1640 - ____)
Elizabeth Brantley Barrow (1665 - 1761)
Thomas Barrow (1698 - 1761)*
John Barrow (1699 - 1776)*
Created by: Thomas Higgerson
Record added: Feb 18, 2010
Find A Grave Memorial# 48305888