|Birth: ||Jan. 15, 1654|
|Death: ||Jun. 3, 1724|
Priscilla Pabodie, wife of Rev. Ichabod Wiswall of Duxbury, was transferred to the current manager of this memorial as a consequence of work regarding Priscilla's dau. Hannah (Wiswall) Robinson. Priscilla was initially indexed by the originator as having three husbands.
Based on printed vital records of both Duxbury and Kingston, Mass., coupled with "Elizabeth (Alden) Pabodie and Descendants," pub. in 1897, Priscilla Pabodie, dau. of William Pabodie & Elizabeth Alden, b. of record at Duxbury on Jan. 15, 1653/4, had only one husband, Rev. Ichabod Wiswall.
Per the published but deficient Duxbury, Mass. VRs, Priscilla Pabodie m. under her maiden name, Rev. Ichabod Wiswall. Two dates are give for their marriage in that record: Nov. 2, 1673 and Dec. 2, 1682. "Elizabeth (Alden) Pabodie" states they m. at Duxbury on Dec. 24, 1677. What ever date is correct, or none of the above, their first child of record at Duxbury, "Mary, dau. of Ichabod & Priscilla," was b. Oct. 4, 1680.
Rev. Ichabod Wiswall d. testate & of record at Duxbury on July 23, 1700, Æ 63. The Duxbury record of his death is:
• Ichabod Wiswall, Rev., d. July 23, 1700, in 63d y. C.R.1., G.R.1. [Old Cemetery (now Myles Standish Burying Ground), Chestnut Street, South Duxbury.]
According to "Elizabeth (Alden) Pabodie," the widow Priscilla Wiswall relocated to Kingston, Mass., probably to live with her dau. Priscilla, who m. Gershom Bradford of Plymouth, Mass. in 1716.
In the Kingston, Mass. vital records is the following:
• Priscilla Wiswall, w. of Rev. Ichabod of Duxbury, d. June 3, 1724 [a. 71, G.R.1.; Old Burying Ground back of the First Church.]
The following information is essentially an error and should not be followed as a basis of Priscilla Pabodie's genealogy. In The Alden Kindred of America's on-line database is the following (abbreviated) outline of Priscilla Pabodie: [http://www.alden.org/aldengen/pafg03.htm#19429]
• Priscilla Pabodie (Elizabeth Alden, John) born Jan. 15, 1653/4, d. June 3, 1724 at Kingston, MA. She was buried in Kingston, MA.
• Priscilla married (1) Michael Sprague. Michael was born about 1649.
• Priscilla married (2) Isaac Averill on Dec. 22, 1671. Isaac was born about 1650.
• Priscilla married (3) Ichabod Wiswall about Dec 1677 at Duxbury, MA. Ichabod died on July 23, 1700. He was buried in South Duxbury, MA.
[n.b. "Thank you for letting me know that our database has the error regarding Priscilla Pabodie. The correct information appears in "Mayflower Families Through Five Generations" vol. 16, pt. 1, pp 66-68...Our database began life as a download from undocumented on-line sources and we have been working to vet the material, but this one slipped by. I will correct the master database. The online version will not be corrected until we do the next overhaul, which I am hoping will be this Spring." Alicia Crane Williams, Genealogist, Alden Kindred of America]
William Pabodie (1616 - 1707)
Elizabeth Alden Pabodie (1624 - 1717)
Ichabod Wiswall (1637 - 1700)
Mercy Wiswall Wadsworth (1680 - 1716)*
Hannah Wiswall Robinson (1682 - 1722)*
Peleg Wiswall (1683 - 1767)*
Priscilla Wiswall Bradford (1690 - 1780)*
Old Burying Ground
Maintained by: Don Blauvelt
Originally Created by: P Fazzini
Record added: Jan 25, 2010
Find A Grave Memorial# 47129909