|Birth: ||Feb. 22, 1682|
|Death: ||Sep. 22, 1722|
Hannah Wiswall, dau. of Rev. Ichabod Wiswall and Priscilla Pabodie, was b. at Duxbury, Mass. on Feb. 22, 1681/2. Hannah's mother was the granddau. of John Alden of the Mayflower & his wife Priscilla Mullins.
On Jan. 31, 1705/6 at Duxbury, Hannah m. Rev. John Robinson, s. of Samuel Robinson & Mary Baker, b. in Mar 1671/2 prob. at Dorchester, Mass. He was the successor to Hannah's deceased father as pastor of the Duxbury church and d. at Lebanon, Conn. on Nov. 14, 1745, Æ 74. Hannah unfortunately died, along with her eldest dau. Mary, on Sept. 22, 1722 by drowning during a rough sea passage from Duxbury to Boston. Although dau. Mary's body was immediately found and interred with gravestone at Duxbury, Hannah was not found until several weeks later when her swollen body washed ashore at Provincetown, on the northern tip of Cape Cod. She was identified by personal effects still on her person and reportedly was buried on Oct. 31, 1722 at Duxbury. However. no gravestone existed by 1859. Her husband never remarried.
The children of Hannah Wiswall and Rev. John Robinson, all b. at Duxbury, Mass., follow. The dates shown, some of which are not found in the deficient Duxbury records, are from Rev. Robinson's original family bible, per Edward Robinson in 1859:
• i. Mary Robinson, b. Feb. 23, 1706/7 (bapt. Apr. 13, 1707); drowned with her mother during a sea passage from Duxbury to Boston on Sept. 22, 1722, Æ 16.
• ii. Hannah Robinson, b. Nov. 2, 1708 (bapt. Jan. 9, 1708/9), d. Feb. 19, 1730/1 at Plymouth, Mass., Æ 23; m. as his second wife on Sept. 1, 1729 at Duxbury, Nathaniel Thomas, Jr., son of Nathaniel Thomas & Mary Appleton, b. June 24, 1700 at Plymouth, Mass. He d. on Sept. 23, 1745 at the seiege of Louisborg, Nova Scotia, Æ 46. Nathaniel's first wife, Hope Warren, gr.granddau. of Richard Warren and Edward Doty, both Mayflower passengers, also d. young at the age of 25.
• iii. Alethea Robinson, b. May 26, 1710 (bapt. July 2), d. Feb. 17, 1786 at Woodstock, Conn., Æ 76; m. after an intention dated Nov. 2, 1739 was filed at Woodstock, Rev. Abel Stiles, s. of John Stiles & Ruth Bancroft, b. Mar. 5, 1708/9 at Windsor, Conn. and d. July 25, 1783 at Woodstock, Conn., Æ 75.
• iv. Elizabeth "Betty" Robinson, b. Sept. 28, 1712 (bapt. Nov. 1712), d. Mar. 15, 1758 at Lebanon, Conn., Æ 46; m. on May 4, 1732 at Duxbury, Mass., Rev. Jacob Eliot, of Lebanon, Conn., b. Nov. 26, 1700 at Boston, Mass. and d. at Lebanon, Conn. on Apr. 12, 1766, Æ 66. They resided at what was then known as Goshen parish within the town of Lebanon where Rev. Eliot was pastor of the Goshen parish Congregational church.
• v. John Robinson, Jr., b. Apr. 16, 1715 (bapt. June 1715), d. Aug. 21, 1784 at Bozrah, Conn., Æ 70; m. at Lebanon, Conn. on Jan. 17, 1742/3 Thankful Hinckley, dau. of Gershom Hinckley & Mary Buell, b. Apr. 19, 1723 at Lebanon and d. there on Apr. 12, 1799, Æ 76.
• vi. Samuel Robinson, b. July 10, 1717 (bapt. Sept. 1), d. Dec. 10, 1717.
• vii. Faith Robinson, b. Dec. 13, 1718 (bapt. Apr. 5, 1719), d. May 29, 1780 at Lebanon, Conn., Æ 62; m. at Duxbury on Dec. 9, 1735, Jonathan Trumbull, s. of Joseph Trumbull & Hannah Higley, b. Oct. 12, 1710 at Lebanon and d. there Aug. 17, 1785, Æ 75. He was Judge of Probate for 21 years (brother-in-law Ichabod Robinson was his court clerk), last Gov. of the Province of Conn. and first Gov. of the State of Conn. (1769-1783).
• viii. Ichabod Robinson, b. Dec. 12, 1720 (bapt. May 14, 1721), d. Jan. 20, 1809 at Lebanon, Conn., Æ 89; m. 1) on May 25, 1749 at Lebanon, Mary Hide (q.v. Hyde), dau. of Caleb Hide & Mary Blackman, b. July 3, 1731 at Lebanon & d. there July 1, 1750, Æ 19; m. 2) on Jan. 16, 1752 at Lebanon, Lydia Brown, dau. of Ebenezer Brown & Sarah Hide (q.v. Hyde), b. Mar. 19, 1719/20 at Lebanon & d. there Aug. 23, 1778, Æ 59.
Ichabod Wiswall (1637 - 1700)
Priscilla Pabodie Wiswall (1654 - 1724)
John Robinson (1672 - 1745)
Alithea Robinson Stiles (1710 - 1786)*
Elizabeth Robinson Eliot (1712 - 1758)*
Faith Robinson Trumbull (1718 - 1780)*
Deborah Wiswall Seabury (____ - 1776)*
Mercy Wiswall Wadsworth (1680 - 1716)*
Hannah Wiswall Robinson (1682 - 1722)
Peleg Wiswall (1683 - 1767)*
Priscilla Wiswall Bradford (1690 - 1780)*
Maintained by: Don Blauvelt
Originally Created by: P Fazzini
Record added: Jan 25, 2010
Find A Grave Memorial# 47129371