|Death: ||Feb., 1893|
~JAMES MONROE "JIM" CUNNINGHAM~
He was born in Tennessee.
Married Sarah Jane Walling, dau. of James R. and Martha Mobley Walling Houston County, Daly Community, Texas.
Don't know why Sarah Jane Walling would be in Carroll Co, Ark, but records show she married Jim Cunningham there 24 July 1870.
Moved to Erath County, Stephenville, Texas. Gen. shows moved there by 1875. Reported died, (had to have died Feb. 1893 or later)and buried in New Waverly Cemetery along with A. Elisha Walling who died in 1890.
Records kept by granddaughter of A. Elisha Walling, Mrs. Letia Bean of Grapeland.
Their children were;
1. John Henry b. 12 Aug. 1872, Carroll Co., Ark.
2. George Monroe b. 20 Feb, 1875 Stephenville, Tx. Erath Co.
3. Wiley "Wily" Ruth b. 1878 Erath Co.
4. Archie b. 1880 Erath Co.
5. Robert "Bob' b. 1882 Erath Co.
6. Maud b. 1886 Erath Co.
7. Minnie Beatrice b. 1 Dec 1889 Erath Co. Twin
8. Linnie D. d. 1 Dec 1889 Erath Co Twin
9. Texie b. 5 Nov. 1893 Grapeland. Had to be born after death of her father. Sarah returned to Grapeland.
Sarah Jane Walling Cunningham shows to have died Jan. 26, 1935 in Cherokee Co., Texas.
Buried in Livelyville Cemetery, Houston Co.
Daughter; Minnie Beatrice Cunningham Selman 1889-1974
Son; George Monroe Cunningham 1875-1956
Son; Robert Cunningham 1882-1935
Archie; Not been able to find after 1880.
Sarah Jane Walling Cunningham (1849 - 1935)
George Monroe Cunningham (1875 - 1956)*
Wily Ruth Cunningham (1878 - 1968)*
Robert Cunningham (1882 - 1935)*
Maud Pearl Cunningham Smith (1886 - 1940)*
Linnie D Cunningham Wolf (1889 - 1932)*
Texie Ann Cunningham Reed (1893 - 1969)*
Note: UNMARKED GRAVE
New Waverly Cemetery
Created by: Nancy Franklin-Walling B...
Record added: Nov 20, 2009
Find A Grave Memorial# 44611676