|Birth: ||May 20, 1810|
|Death: ||Dec. 22, 1897|
Jacob married Mary A. Kaylor.
Note received: "As per your notes, Mr. Hemphill is buried in the Zion Lutheran Cemetery in
Will Book H - page 452, Butler Co. Pa.
I Jacob Hemphill, farmer, Of Lancaster Twp., County of Butler and State of Pennsylvania being of sound mind, memory and understanding do make and publish this, my last will and testament, hereby revoking and making void all former wills by me at anytime heretofore made.
As to such estates as it hath pleased God to in trust me with I dispose of the same as follows:
1) I give and bequeath to my daughter Margaret intermarried to Charles Warner ten acres of land I have in Donegal Twp, Butler Co., Pa. and also twenty acres of land in Donegal Twp., Butler Pa valued at 250 & 1000 respectively; also the twenty five hundred and fifty five dollars she got from me and for which I hold a receipt, and then she shall have yet one hundred & ninety five dollars, to make in all four thousand dollars.
2) I give and bequeath to my son, Samuel Hemphill a piece of land in Conoqueenessing Twp. Butler Co. Pa. containing about 62 acres and all the money he got from me until the date of this will, which altogether will make him four thousand dollars, so he has got his four thousand dollars.
3) I give and bequeath to my son Elisha Hemphill four thousand dollars which he has already land partly and partly money amounting to thirty seven hundred and fifty six dollars, so that he is to receive yet two hundred and fourty four dollars to make his share four thousand dollars.
4) I give and bequeath to son Adam Hemphill the sum of four thousand dollars of which amount he has already thirty one hundred and twelve dollars, so that he is to get yet eight hundred and eighty eight dollars to make him the four thousand dollars.
5) I give and bequath to my daughter Rosan Frederick and her son Andrew Frederick the farm I am living on in Lancaster Twp., Butler Co., Pa. containing about 116 acres and all my personal property, farming implements, stock, horses and household good, but she is to pay to my estate the amount of seven hundred dollars after the death of myself and my beloved wife, this is to be understood that me or either of us, will keep in possession and farm and things thereon during our natural life.
6) All moneys left by either me or my wife is to be divided share alike between all our children and my grandson Andrew Frederick is to come equal share with them.
Lastly I appoint my son Elisha Hemphill, and my son in law Charles Warner to be the executor of this my last will and testament.
In writtings where of I, the said testator have here unto set my hand and seal this 28 Day of October AD 1887.
We the undersigned have hereunto set our names as witnesses to this will upon the request of the said testator and in his presence the day above mentioned. J Laderer, Charles Warner.
Obituary: The Democratic Herald, Jan. 7, 1898
Mr. Jacob Hemphill died at his home in Lancaster Twp., on Wednesday, Dec. 22, 1897. The funeral occurred on Christmas day from the Middle Lancaster Lutheran Church. The deceased, who was in his 88th year, had been for many years a resident of Lancaster township. He was the last one of a large family and lived the greatest number of years, and is survived by five children.
Executor's Notice, Estate of Jacob Hemphill, Deceased. Executors, Eliza Hemphill and Charles Warner, W. D. Braedon attorney. The Democratic Herald, Jan. 7, 1898
Butler Co. Cemetery Inventory, Vol 4.
Father: Adam HEMPHILL b: 26 May 1762
Mother: Christina SANDERSON b: 3 Oct 1790
Married: Mary A. KAYLOR b: 25 Jan 1814 in Donegal Twp., Butler Co.,Pa.
Rosanna HEMPHILL b: 1840
Adam HEMPHILL b: Apr 1842
Margaret HEMPHILL b: 1844 in Chicora, Butler Co., Pa.
Samuel HEMPHILL b: Jan 1847
Elisha HEMPHILL b: Apr 1850
Mary M. HEMPHILL b: 1854
Adam Hemphill (1762 - 1845)
Christina Sanderson Hemphill (1790 - 1858)
Mary A. Kaylor Hemphill (1814 - 1896)
Adam Hemphill (1842 - 1929)*
Elisha Hemphill (1850 - 1930)*
Betsey Hemphill (1803 - 1891)*
Samuel Hemphill (1805 - 1856)*
John Hemphill (1806 - 1874)*
Jacob Hemphill (1810 - 1897)
Rachel Hemphill Barnhart (1815 - 1897)*
Zion Lutheran Church Cemetery
Created by: Zoe Tom
Record added: Nov 02, 2009
Find A Grave Memorial# 43833573