|Death: ||Mar. 22, 1829|
West Virginia, USA
War of 1812
Richard William Bryarly and Hannah Rust-Bryarly married abt 1780 in Virginia and they had 3 children.
Thomas Bryarly (1781-1849),
Robert Presley Bryarly (1783-1848), and
Hannah Cox Bryarly-Dunbar (1786-1845).
1. Brown, Stuart E. Jr. (1983), "Annals of Clarke County Virginia,"
Virginia Book Company, Berryville, Virginia, Vol 1, pp. 226-236.
2. Richard William Bryarly is named in Thomas Bryarly's (his Father) Will as the Father of Thomas Bryarly, Frederick County, Virginia Will Book 5, Pages 350-352, dated 1 June 1791, Probated 3 March 1792.
"...grandson Thomas Bryarly (Son of Richard) to have slave girl named conney & slave boy Toulson."
3. Stampp, Kenneth M., 1999, "Records of Ante-Bellum Southern Plantations from the Revolution through the Civil War: Series F, Selections from the Rare Book, Manuscript, and Special Collections Library, Duke University, Part 4: North Carolina and Virginia Plantations: Samuel Bryarly Papers, 1787-1884, Frederick County, Virginia," Duke University: Bethesda, MD, p. 870.
Letter addressed to Mrs Hannah Cox (Bryarly) Dunbar in Winchester, Virginia from her brother, Thomas Bryarly in Berkeley County, West Virginia, dated 27 July 1823; mentions Uncle Robert Bryarly, Hannah's Son, John Richard (Dunbar), cousin Mary Ann Ware, their "Father" (Richard William Bryarly), and Grandmother.
4. The West Virginia Historical Society has a newspaper obituary printed on March 26, 1829, and it States Richard Bryarly died Sunday last or about March 22, 1829.
5. Richard Bryarly's Will is in Berkeley County, Will Book 9, p. 388, Dated 17 September 1827, Probated 8 June 1829.
Thomas Bryarly (1721 - 1791)
Anne Tate Bryarly
Thomas Bryarly (1781 - 1849)*
Robert Preseley Bryarly (1783 - 1848)*
Robert Presley Bryarly (1783 - 1848)*
Richard William Bryarly (1752 - 1829)
Robert Bryarly (1753 - 1828)*
Richard "Samuel" Bryarly (1767 - 1850)*
Morgan Chapel Graveyard
West Virginia, USA
Created by: Bunnie
Record added: Sep 03, 2009
Find A Grave Memorial# 41524394