North Carolina, USA
|Death: ||Apr. 2, 1812|
Patriot of the American Revolution
Pvt South Carolina Militia "Marion's Brigade"
Under Gen'l Francis Marion 'The Swamp Fox'
Matthew died when Jackson County was 'the Mississippi Territory.'
Born ca1745 Cumberland County NC. The Carter family moved to Georgia and settled in Effingham County between 1786 and 1790 and were cut off into Bulloch County when it was created out of Effingham Co in 1795.
Son of Matthew & Patience [Lamb?]Carter of North Carolina, parents of three Revolutionary Soldiers, Isaac, Thomas and Matthew, (all migrated to the Mississippi Territory.)
Matthew Carter, Sr., 1811, with wife, 2 children, 2 slaves;
Matthew Carter, Jr., with wife, 2 children, 1 slave;
William Carter, with wife;
Matthew and Cassandra's children include;
1) Susannah Carter mrd Griffin Mizell, Note: Susannah & Griffin made their home in Georgia.
2) Matthew Jr Carter mrd (Mary Rester and Ann Nancy Goff)
3) Jane Carter no marriage found for Jane
4) William Carter mrd Mary Goff
5) Cassandra Carter mrd Edmund Goff
6) Naomi Carter mrd William Goff
Cassandra Barbour Carter (1760 - 1833)*
Matthew Carter (1781 - 1858)*
William Carter (1783 - 1852)*
Naomi Carter Goff (1788 - 1829)*
Cassandra Carter Goff (1789 - ____)*
Jane Carter (1795 - 1856)*
Carter Cemetery No 1
Created by: Linda Ellis
Record added: Aug 11, 2009
Find A Grave Memorial# 40542718