|Death: ||May 20, 1683|
She was the daughter of William Partridge. She married first John Smith the son of Lieut. Samuel Smith and his wife Elizabeth on November 12, 1663. Her husband John fought in King Philips War and was killed by Indians in Hatfield Meadow just days after the Turner Fall's Fight. She married second Peter Montague in 1679.
Children of Mary and John Smith:
1. John Smith who married Mary Root.
2. Samuel who died at the age of 14 by falling off a horse.
3. Rev. Joseph Smith who married Canada Wait.
4. Benjamin Smith who settled in Wethersfield, Connecticut and married Ruth Buck.
5. Marah Smith who married John Day.
Peter Montague (1651 - 1725)
John Smith (1637 - 1676)*
John Smith (1665 - 1723)*
Joseph Smith (1670 - 1752)*
Benjamin Smith (1673 - 1755)*
Mary Smith Day (1677 - 1742)*
Note: I requested a photo of her grave and was told the stone could no longer be found.
Old Hadley Cemetery
Created by: Shari Hanson Frey
Record added: Jul 28, 2009
Find A Grave Memorial# 39992589