|Birth: ||Apr., 1757|
|Death: ||unknown, USA|
Sarah PATCHIN was the daughter of Sarah STUART and Thaddeus PATCHIN, both of CT.
Sarah's baptism was recorded on 28 April 1757 in Wilton, Fairfield Co, CT.
What little is known about Sarah PATCHIN AUSTIN comes primarily from Austin researchers who have turned up a few records. She was married in Canaan, Columbia Co, NY to Stephen AUSTIN, who was also from Wilton, CT. Their marriage date was about 1778, probably in Yates, Orleans Co, NY.
Their known children:
1) Philemon Lee AUSTIN b: ABOUT 1787 in (Columbia) NY
2) Sally AUSTIN b: 9 FEB 1790 in (Columbia) NY
3) Asa AUSTIN b: 1774/1784 in (Columbia) NY
4) Stephen (Steven Jr) AUSTIN b: 1774-1784 in (Columbia) NY
5) Thaddeus AUSTIN b: 1780 in (Columbia) NY
6) Anson S AUSTIN b: BEFORE 1792 in Herkimer, NY
7) Truman Dudley AUSTIN b: 10 FEB 1798 in Herkimer, New York
8) Orrin Patchen AUSTIN b: 1802 in New York
Sarah PATCHEN AUSTIN'S death date may have been soon after 1820, and probably in Yates, Orleans Co, NY.
There is no burial or death information for Sarah, but her husband Stephen AUSTIN was buried in the Yates Center Cemetery in Orleans Co, NY. It's possible her grave is also there.
Sources: Federal census, Austin family records.
Thaddeus Patchin (1728 - 1801)
Sarah Stuart Patchin (1724 - 1817)
Stephen Austin (1750 - 1821)
Philemon Lee Austin (1787 - 1842)*
Sally Austin Felt (1790 - 1882)*
Truman Duddly Austin (1798 - 1844)*
Created by: D. Goodboe
Record added: Jul 21, 2009
Find A Grave Memorial# 39722658